Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WSS M35 helmet, any good ?

Article about: Hello Gentlemen, I need your expertise about this M35 helmet. Apparently it has been field repainted over the pea green colour. I would like to know if these first type runes were applied on

Default WSS M35 helmet, any good ?

Hello Gentlemen,
    I need your expertise about this M35 helmet. Apparently it has been field repainted over the pea green colour.
    I would like to know if these first type runes were applied on the helmet around the 40s or around the 70s/80s...
    Off course i can take more photos if needed
    Thanks in advance
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WSS M35 helmet, any good ?
    P
    Many

decal

Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

The chipping around the base of the decal seems to indicate to me that an original decal has been scraped off. This one could then have been added at a later stage......but my thoughts are that it is not original.
    Regards, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Fake Pocher to me applied mostly on bare metal. Original decal has been scraped off completely imo.

Hi, I am not keen on the decal on this helmet, it has the whiff of an EF in my opinion, although the bottom seems a tad to round, but as the gents have noted, all that chipping around the decal doesn't do it any favours.

Hi Phillip, not a decal that was period applied or original for me. It is not a Quist type decal as it should be and as noted it appears to have been applied over existing scrapes/chips. Leon.

Hello,
    Thank you all for your comment. The helmet belongs to a friend of mine and i will provide him the link of this thread. He had doubts that's why he sent the helmet to me as he does not own a camera...bad news for him anyway. I will also post some "WSS" insignia in the dedicated forum to know if they're going to follow the same path than the helmet...directly to the trash of history...
    When you rub the finger over the edge of the decal, you can feel a thin gap between the paint and the decal.
    Thanks

In Memoriam :