Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 Croatian ss helmet. Buy the item not the story

Article about: by ES hi john did you see this guys other 6 helmets the snow camo ss for a grand? or a combat police lid for 500? heheh ewan...I did

Default WW2 Croatian ss helmet. Buy the item not the story

Found this surfing the net, just look at the description, then make your own mind up.....someones gonna get burned I think

this is a very rare ww2 croation ss helmet. the croation troops fought alongside the waffen ss in world war2.
    the helmet has an intact liner and chinstrap with most of the original paintwork remaining. the ss decal is a good 80% complete. i have had this helmet at the antiques roadshow where the expert was happy it was 100% genuine.this helmet would make a great addition to any collection and is only for sale to make room for other items.
    Attached Images Attached Images WW2 Croatian ss helmet. Buy the item not the story 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 Croatian ss helmet. Buy the item not the story
    P
    Many

?

Default re: WW2 Croatian ss helmet. Buy the item not the story

Antiques roadshow !!! Is that supposed to give it credibilty

Saw a white camo with Croatian runes a few years ago , it hadn't been assessed by an antique roadshow expert
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Reg
    ?

Hello Gents

Any chance you could help a lesser helmet spotting anorak and let me in on why its dodgy please? (besides looking a bit newish)

with thanks
    Reg

?

Too khaki color, but that don't say nothing- but to me is red flag. I can't see the close ups of the decal, and really I can't compare it to theoriginal known by me examples. Well, if you you can ask for better pictures you can just ask about my feelengs, but not a professional advise. As I would say: never spend your money on the items like that for business purposes, even if original and true item - it's a hard seller anyway
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

The shield is the wrong shape and is too pointed at the bottom.

I have shown my original on the forum

Cheers, Ade.

Reg
    ?

Thanks guys

?

Paint color is off as well as the toolmarking on the decal for the purposes of aging. And of course a real helmet sells itself, it doesnt need a story. Blurry pictures are also a major red flag.

?

these "german volkdeutsche" runes pop up here and there very often in the past few years. For me, thumb down, although with just one blurry picture, cannot comment on the helmet itself.

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Found this surfing the net, just look at the description, then make your own mind up.....someones gonna get burned I think

this is a very rare ww2 croation ss helmet. the croation troops fought alongside the waffen ss in world war2.
    the helmet has an intact liner and chinstrap with most of the original paintwork remaining. the ss decal is a good 80% complete. i have had this helmet at the antiques roadshow where the expert was happy it was 100% genuine.this helmet would make a great addition to any collection and is only for sale to make room for other items.
    hi john did you see this guys other 6 helmets the snow camo ss for a grand? or a combat police lid for 500? heheh

Kalu
    ?

Default Re: WW2 Croatian ss helmet. Buy the item not the story

I cant say much about the helmet itself because I am no expert on those, but I can say that those decals has nothing to do with SS, its a ES(EINSATZSTAFFEL) marking...DEUTSCHE VOLKSGRUPPE in Croatia.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast