Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 SS transitional helmet

Article about: Hello i picked up this helmet 3 months ago what do you think? Thanks

?

Default WW2 SS transitional helmet

WW2 SS transitional helmetWW2 SS transitional helmetWW2 SS transitional helmetWW2 SS transitional helmetWW2 SS transitional helmetWW2 SS transitional helmetWW2 SS transitional helmetWW2 SS transitional helmetWW2 SS transitional helmetWW2 SS transitional helmetHello i picked up this helmet 3 months ago what do you think?
    Thanks
    Last edited by cat66; 09-05-2011 at 08:43 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 SS transitional helmet
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: WW2 SS transitional helmet

I hope you did not pay WW2 SS transitional pricing for it as the decals are old reproductions, its been repainted and relinered with a non German liner I'm afraid. In other words its a top to bottom fake Im sad to say.

Doug

?

Im not into it for a fortune, but it was expensive. Do you think is was early post WW2 sold to a vet?
    Thanks

?

The SS decal appears to be a known Japanese fake from the 70's. The party decal also. The liner is completely wrong. I would try for a refund and before you buy an SS helmet, post it for opinions or PM me first, I'm happy to help.

What type of German helmet is this? As it almost looks like the M1916, though it's missing the large vents. Sorry for the irrelevant question.

?

It appears to be an interwar commercially produced "Himmler" pattern helmet, made famous as this pattern was worn by Heinrich Himmler in many early parade photos. However the liner pins (and liner, and decals, and paint) are all incorrect for this helmet however. If this were an SS helmet it would be black with a gun metal interior dome and black painted skirt typically.