MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

1st Pattern SS Totenkopf

Article about: That happens alot Mat. If a dealer can't identify or puts off a fake as original it's sometimes difficult to tell if there were nefarious intentions, or they just didn't know. Consistency ov

Default Re: 1st Pattern SS Totenkopf

Right, that's a logical point. Hopefully I'll have it in less than a week and I'll post those pictures.

Mat

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1st Pattern SS Totenkopf
    P
    Many

1st Pattern SS Totenkopf1st Pattern SS Totenkopf1st Pattern SS Totenkopf1st Pattern SS Totenkopf1st Pattern SS Totenkopf1st Pattern SS Totenkopf1st Pattern SS Totenkopf1st Pattern SS Totenkopf1st Pattern SS Totenkopf1st Pattern SS Totenkopf1st Pattern SS Totenkopf1st Pattern SS Totenkopf1st Pattern SS Totenkopf1st Pattern SS Totenkopf1st Pattern SS Totenkopf1st Pattern SS Totenkopf1st Pattern SS Totenkopf1st Pattern SS TotenkopfThe prongs, such as they are, cannot be the sole criteria for the authenticity of said piece. Nor are these electric pictures. You have to compare the thing to another actual original before you. I also think that good fakes of these were made well into the 1960s, truth be told.
    I have offered you many images of originals at hand, but the imponderables of patina etc that you can only see in person are crucial.

Unfortunately I wont have the opportunity to compare it with an in-hand original, so I'm hoping I'll be able to provide good quality photos for people to examine. I'm not sure if it's just different angles or some other distraction, but some of the examples in photos you have provided seem to differ in detail, Friedrich. These things are so confusing. Hopefully things will be decided with a good degree of certainty once we all have better images.

Mat

I own many of these and most of them differ from each other in real life.

Those Nazis knew their last laugh would be in the face of collectors, clearly...

Mat

Quote by ToxicGas View Post
    Those Nazis knew their last laugh would be in the face of collectors, clearly...

Mat

Well, yes, in fact, without putting too fine a point on it. The 21st century means of analysis often poses more questions than it can answer. I have done my level best to share my knowledge, but I am also a very bad Fotograf of the items I do own. Sorry not to be of more help.1st Pattern SS Totenkopf1st Pattern SS Totenkopf1st Pattern SS Totenkopf1st Pattern SS Totenkopf1st Pattern SS Totenkopf
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1st Pattern SS Totenkopf   1st Pattern SS Totenkopf  

1st Pattern SS Totenkopf   1st Pattern SS Totenkopf  

1st Pattern SS Totenkopf  
    Attached Images Attached Images 1st Pattern SS Totenkopf  1st Pattern SS Totenkopf 

Your knowledge and provision of resources is greatly useful to all of us, I'm thankful for whatever I get in the way of help. Now I just have to wait for this problematic little skull to arrive!

Mat

1st Pattern SS Totenkopf1st Pattern SS Totenkopf1st Pattern SS Totenkopf1st Pattern SS Totenkopf1st Pattern SS Totenkopf1st Pattern SS Totenkopf1st Pattern SS Totenkopf1st Pattern SS Totenkopf1st Pattern SS Totenkopf1st Pattern SS Totenkopf1st Pattern SS Totenkopf1st Pattern SS Totenkopf1st Pattern SS Totenkopf1st Pattern SS Totenkopf1st Pattern SS TotenkopfOn the other hand, and without wanting to seem a blowhard, no where else will you garner such real images as those we proffer you here. Good luck in your collecting.

Quote by ToxicGas View Post
    Your knowledge and provision of resources is greatly useful to all of us, I'm thankful for whatever I get in the way of help. Now I just have to wait for this problematic little skull to arrive!

Mat
    Good luck and do not give up hope. The whole process can never unfold without heartache, that much I can surely tell you. The disappointments make the moments of satisfaction all the much greater.

Well, the dealer got back to me and told me they had shown the skull to others, and decided it was most likely a fake, along with a repro eagle they acquired in the same lot. They took it down from their site, saving me time and money buying it- it's great that they actually listen to advice and follow up issues like this decently.

While looking around, I found this one elsewhere- I'm certain it's fake- lack of detail and strange looking metal, as well as prong placement. Confirmation of my thoughts would be appreciated, before I inform the seller.

Mat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1st Pattern SS Totenkopf   1st Pattern SS Totenkopf  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast