Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2nd Pattern Totenkopf SS Runes marked: thoughts?

Article about: by ToxicGas I haven't heard of this maker before, thanks for the info, I've looked it up. I'm collecting two seperate folders of photos now: fake and original totenkopf examples. Mat Mat, Bu

Default 2nd Pattern Totenkopf SS Runes marked: thoughts?

After comparing this with many examples of genuine Totenkopf badges on here, I find that the details don't seem to completely match up with any, though it's very difficult to tell sometimes with all the variations. I think this is probably another fake to add to list of 'almost bought', but I'd like to hear your thoughts on it first.
    Supposedly it's a ground-dug piece from Poland, with no signs of maker's mark on the back.

-Mat
    Attached Images Attached Images 2nd Pattern Totenkopf SS Runes marked: thoughts?  2nd Pattern Totenkopf SS Runes marked: thoughts?  2nd Pattern Totenkopf SS Runes marked: thoughts?  2nd Pattern Totenkopf SS Runes marked: thoughts?  2nd Pattern Totenkopf SS Runes marked: thoughts?  2nd Pattern Totenkopf SS Runes marked: thoughts? 
    Last edited by ToxicGas; 11-02-2010 at 07:31 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2nd Pattern Totenkopf SS Runes marked: thoughts?
    P
    Many

Default re: 2nd Pattern Totenkopf SS Runes marked: thoughts?

IMO this item is fake.

Fake.

Note the diamond shaped "Makers mark" on the reverse. A fantasy marking and something never seen on an original.

Cheers, Ade.

I didn't even notice that upon first inspection. Thanks Ade. I might post other examples in this thread soon, though I hold much hope on them either. By the way, is it true that no genuine Totenkopf badge ever had SS runes on the back?

Mat

Hi Mat, yes that is correct.

The diamond shaped fantasy mark was copied from a fake SS belt buckle made in the 1970's. The idiots who create this junk copied another fake!

Cheers, Ade.

Then that eliminates another example before I even post it. As for the faker faking a fake... that's hilarious. You'd think they'd at least put time into research before faking such things.
    Hopefully soon I'll post a piece and you can shock me by telling me it's real!

Mat

You can also find fake SS buttons with this marking. Some were shown on the forum last week. I agree, it is rather ironic!

Cheers, Ade.

It's a old copy from the Original Overhoff skull.(M1/24) search for It and compare.

I haven't heard of this maker before, thanks for the info, I've looked it up. I'm collecting two seperate folders of photos now: fake and original totenkopf examples.

Mat

Quote by ToxicGas View Post
    I'm collecting two seperate folders of photos now: fake and original totenkopf examples.

Mat

Well done Mat. This method will serve you well for the future.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast