Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

another one

Article about: original SS cap skulls are more anatomically correct than the reproductions and as such are more sinister................. I wouldn't like to meet him on a dark night. peer into the eye sock

Default Re: another one

Quote by milan12 View Post
    It isnt my, but I am confident that it shoot very well and exactly
    here is my from second drawer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture another one  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement another one
    P
    Many

?

I think we would all like to see this cap in it's entirety. Something tells me that the interior will be a surprise.

Here is an exterior view from some old shots. I will shoot the interior tomorrow in daylight.
    Although my primary area of research and collecting is pre-war SS headgear, one of the reasons I was so interested in this hat and added it to my collection was that it was the first genuine officer field upgrade I had ever seen.
    D'Alquen

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    Here is an exterior view from some old shots. I will shoot the interior tomorrow in daylight.
    Although my primary area of research and collecting is pre-war SS headgear, one of the reasons I was so interested in this hat and added it to my collection was that it was the first genuine officer field upgrade I had ever seen.
    D'Alquen
    .. and interior????

For me is it fantastic Visor.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    An alluminium 499/41 Zimmerman, very nice indeed.
    Aluminum, yes. Very nice, absolutely. 499/41 Zimmermann, oops...try an M1/52 Deschler.

Quote by Anders S View Post
    I know that both I and Mr Bwanek are thrilled when a set we have can find a new home on an original cap that have its insignia set missing.
    Just wanted to tell you.
    Absolutely! There is something quite satisfying about putting together a set of insignia that both looks correct together and matches the period, style, and condition of the cap. It is a bit like reassembling a piece of history so that it is restored to its original glory for future generations. I also take a bit of selfish pride in the fact that collectors seek my help when they find a stripped cap and are looking to return it to its proper condition.

?

Quote by bwanek1 View Post
    Aluminum, yes. Very nice, absolutely. 499/41 Zimmermann, oops...try an M1/52 Deschler.
    Ooops indeed, had my beer goggles on last night.

Here is the requested interior shot. Nothing special or unusual. Just a plain interior, no diamond and the amount of wear you would expect from a hat worn through at least a couple of rank upgrades.
    D'Alquen

Here are another couple of badges that I believe to be completely original to the cap they are on. This cap came from Texas and was found in a vet's kitbag.
    D'Alquen

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast