Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

another skull and eagle for review please

Article about: Hi guys I,ve been offered these Is this eagle the same eagle that bichon has posted below which would make it a fake? And what about the skull has it a chance? Thanks for any help you can gi

Default Re: another skull and eagle for review please

I've never seen that kind before carlsson, it's a rather crude looking skull! I'd love to see all of your Totenkopfs arranged together in a photo sometime, if you cared to do that- just for curiosity, and perhaps as a basic reference as to the different varietes. From your individual postings, your collection seems quite formidable.

Mat

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement another skull and eagle for review please
    P
    Many

I would like to see them to please Sid. Has anyone actually listed all the variants known anywhere or is that an imposable task.
    I see now why there is so many posts about skulls , with all the different variants its very hard unless you know your stuff.
    Rod

I don't think anyone knows of all of the variants of the first pattern totenkopfs, there are so many obscure types. Here's a picture from someone's collection showing a selection of variety:

Mat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture another skull and eagle for review please  

Hi Rod, this forum has the best array of these anywhere online I think.

We are slowly building up a great reference of these.

In a similar vien we have started a dedicated thread to original Heer Panzer collar tab skulls in the Heer forum.

My advice is to save photos into folders on your PC and build your own database.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    My advice is to save photos into folders on your PC and build your own database.

Cheers, Ade.
    I would agree. I followed Ade's advice in doing this when I first sought out these insignia, and it's greatly helped.

Mat

Cheers guys will do
    Rod

another skull and eagle for review pleaseanother skull and eagle for review pleaseanother skull and eagle for review pleaseanother skull and eagle for review pleaseanother skull and eagle for review pleaseanother skull and eagle for review pleaseanother skull and eagle for review pleaseanother skull and eagle for review pleaseanother skull and eagle for review pleaseanother skull and eagle for review pleaseanother skull and eagle for review pleaseHere is what the thing looks like on a cap.

Thank you Friedrich for posting, amazing collection you have there .very nice!
    I can only imagine how rare these complete hats are.
    Makes my one little skull look like a grain of sand.
    Thanks
    Rod

Quote by plumbob View Post
    Thank you Friedrich for posting, amazing collection you have there .very nice!
    I can only imagine how rare these complete hats are.
    Makes my one little skull look like a grain of sand.
    Thanks
    Rod
    Thanks. There are more of these caps left on earth than I every thought was the case when I was a pup. Your badge is nice and you should be proud of it. Best of luck with your collecting. FB

The Danziger Totenkopf came in many different types, made, no doubt, by many different regalia makers, who were local engraver and badge makers. Such firms still exist in Vienna, for instance, where you can take a drawing and their artisans will produce an object.
    These late 19th or early 20th century badges have their own poetry.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast