MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs

Article about: I'll start off by saying that I know these are not SS skulls, but tradition badges, though I felt this section would get the biggest response from those knowledgeable on them. If this is bet

Quote by Stirlitz wiedzial View Post
    Another ,,Berlin hoard,, fake

yes Stirlitz this three skulls are not the same.

no Stirlitz they are not fake.
    Last edited by another ant; 08-23-2014 at 01:13 AM.
    Jedem das Seine

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs
    P
    Many

Average pins postion and shape curves in authentic dugs.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs   'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs  

'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs   'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs  

for my modest opinion.

fake is a copy or reproduction of an original object.

the status of this original object (dug, torn, unused, put in, ....)
    can add or subtract value (depends on the preferences of each).

but the original object remains original.
    Jedem das Seine

Kozowy like this post !!!???

2 more on Ebay right now--the one appears to have been polished in part:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs   'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs  

'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs   'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' TotenkopfsNot on ebay, not dug up, not loose, and not, and not.

- - ------- - -

and not to the taste of badge collectors.

but actual SS insignia.

'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' Totenkopfs'Berlin Hoard' TotenkopfsMy Topf cap with the leather peak was found devoid of its badges, and it had one of these "Berlin hoard" things on it when I bought it out of a leading collection via a leading dealer, and I replaced it with what
    I prefer to think is the norm---as regards full disclosure.

'Berlin Hoard' TotenkopfsCap on left is also not of "Berlin hoard," but has similarities. It is original to this cap from the Sta. 49 in Braunschweig.

?

Jerry brought up a good point about how soil changes the condition of metal objects found.
    In Hunting US Civil War campsites, I saw 2 fellow diggers, that pulled 2 Identical US oval buckles, only 200 feet from each other, these buckles are thin stamped brass, then filled with lead for weight, one was almost turned inside out, while the other was near mint. Why, because at some point the farmer grew corn on the area where the damaged one was found, while the other was i the next field and was only used for grazing.

I have relic hunted all over Canada and the US including along shore lines, so after 30 years of hunting, I know most times by the soil I am hunting in, the condition of items I will find, and I could go on and on about that.

Years ago I also bought 6 of these "hoard" items, a couple of differant types, however, I know they were "right", not to say that all of these "hoard" items are really from that hoard, as has been mentioned, I am sure that some of those that are less than honest, will use that term.

OK this may be a bit gross, however when I started collection US Civil War, I bought several repro buckles, some were dead on.
    I tried several differant methods of aging them. one we still cannot find!!!

This is what I learned, after an item is chemically aged, no matter what is used on it to clean the chems off,they will always be a "taste" of the chems still there. So some dealers in Virginia were rather surprised when looking at a dug up item, I would put the tip of my tounge on it, and several times it stopped me from buying well done up "dug" repros

JUst My Thoughts

Dean O
    Canada

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast