Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Best totenkopf replicas ?

Article about: Hello everyone, Since you guys are experts I would like to ask you, where can one buy the best totenkopf replica ? I particularly love the Deschlers, because of the realistic details they ha

zonzekai
    ?

Default Best totenkopf replicas ?

Hello everyone,

Since you guys are experts I would like to ask you, where can one buy the best totenkopf replica ? I particularly love the Deschlers, because of the realistic details they have.

I've found that one : http://www.1944shop.com/contents/med...ap-badges4.jpg

The shapes and details look alright but the "brushed" effect and texture is not authentic looking, and I don't know if I can get rid of it.

I've also found that one : http://www.totls.com/images/sterling_silver_2.jpg
    Which looks quite good.

If you have any suggestions, please go ahead !

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: Best totenkopf replicas ?

I think a lot of reputable dealers of repros won't make exact copies, or if they do there will be something on thrm to distinguish a fake....The repro dealers I have bought from all o this, the item looks right, but there is one fatal, subtle flaw to distinguish it as such...

I havent been Abe myself to find a repro skull, that is priced and identified as a repro, that looks like a real one. Go to Snyders, he has a few "real" skulls that look enough like the real ones, but you'll be paying real skull prices for repro skulls

?

I like the "1944" one...looks nice....why not give it a polish

?

If you look further down the 1944 page there is an aged set......it just depends on how you want to diplay them

?

To be honest, all the repros, look like crap !!!!!!! Do yourself a favor, save up for a real one !!!!! You will not regret it !!!!!!!

?

Quote by Newbie View Post
    To be honest, all the repros, look like crap !!!!!!! Do yourself a favor, save up for a real one !!!!! You will not regret it !!!!!!!
    Good advice Josh !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

zonzekai
    ?

Quote by Newbie View Post
    I'm not against this idea, but the problem is that I don't have the knowledge and experience to spot a fake one (a sticky post on the most common things to look out for to spot a fake would be great). I also don't know where to find them, as I'm new to the militaria collecting world. What is a reasonable price for a totenkopf cap pin in good condition today ? And what are good places to find them ?

?

The less replicas floating around the better!

I am not sure where you could get one, Prices can vary. Take a look at some of these dealers, one might have one somwhere (I can honestly say that I dont know if some of the sellers he is recomending are legit, make sure to ask before you buy something)
    Hitler's Nest

Cheers, Pat

Quote by zonzekai View Post
    I'm not against this idea, but the problem is that I don't have the knowledge and experience to spot a fake one (a sticky post on the most common things to look out for to spot a fake would be great). I also don't know where to find them, as I'm new to the militaria collecting world. What is a reasonable price for a totenkopf cap pin in good condition today ? And what are good places to find them ?
    You won't have a drama spotting a fake if you post the pics here first, there are some very knowledgeable people on this forum that freely give their advice so you can buy with confidence. Originals always come with something that fakes will never have, real history, and that to me is worth paying that bit extra for. Good luck mate.

Originals always come with something that fakes will never have
    Luckily. Those garbage badges are not to be compared with something like this...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Best totenkopf replicas ?  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast