Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bill Shea's item C-445

Article about: Hello all, Quick question as I've found myself somewhat confused. Bill S. currently has a collar tab offered on his site which he claims to be of the SS. More pacifically, it's supposedly of

I think It's just some kind of mistake, that would be all. Taking quick conclusions like "over there", is not very elegant.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bill Shea's item C-445
    P
    Many

I've just received a p.m. from another member who has informed me that he earlier messaged Bill and/or his son regarding the items discussed here and they will be withdrawn from the site. Problem sorted.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Hey guys.. I happen to like Bill.. WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES.. Even Moderators here have been duped..
    As a forum let's not bash a site or person.. 1 item out of ?? can slip through the cracks...
    If we see irregularities let's contact the site to inform them of our findings as I have in the past...
    Fella's we are all in this together.. Most reputable dealers will thank you and may even offer a discount for your info if it is indeed correct.. I am in no way insinuating we have bashed anybody... Just let's all get along..
    Okay my soap box is crushing I have to move on.....Gwar
    Nobody has said anything remotely bad about Bill as of yet, and we've shown him the upmost respect, even given him the benefit of the doubt. If we have said anything that would be considered to be "bashing", quote it please as I am not seeing it. That said, I agree we all make mistakes, but we're up to three now. This is unlike him and I'm just curious, like Wagriff, if he has possible hired someone new or something.

Quote by big ned View Post
    I've just received a p.m. from another member who has informed me that he earlier messaged Bill and/or his son regarding the items discussed here and they will be withdrawn from the site. Problem sorted.
    Thank you Ned. I had actually emailed him too, and he responded with the same response.

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Wagriff.. I agree with you 100 % but perhaps some will become gun shy based on this forum posting..
    Call me the Devils advocate.... I have dealt with him many times as well... I guess it boils down to knowing what you are buying, the price and value.. I had a run in with a chap in England not too long ago and he had
    a RAD buckle that was an obvious fake.. He assured me I was nuts until Ben Evans assured me I was right..
    With that information I let the dealer know and he pulled it off of his site and agreed that WE were right..
    And he offered me a discount on a future purchase... I believe this was a gesture of him wanting to offer "Authentic" militaria and not be tarnished..
    So what do you ask we do then, not say anything, and allow fakes to be sold so that nobody becomes "gun shy" and stops purchasing from him? Am I interpreting this correctly?

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    Too often collectors be live that dealers know every items in the militaria world.
    Not true ,just like us we focus in one or two area.
    That is how collectors buy bad items from dealers.
    always do your homework before buying.
    chris
    I echo these thoughts all the time..its not the dealers who are at fault..its ourselves who do not study.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    So what do you ask we do then, not say anything, and allow fakes to be sold so that nobody becomes "gun shy" and stops purchasing from him? Am I interpreting this correctly?
    Cody...the same goes for a shopping experience..if you dont like the prices or the quality of items in the store..dont shop there. No one is getting their arm twisted to buying anything. The lack of purchases and word of mouth usually reflects the integrity and reputation of the store owner. Ned nailed it head on!!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    I echo these thoughts all the time..its not the dealers who are at fault..its ourselves who do not study.
    +1, and it gets to be quite frustrating to hear collectors who refuse to do their own homework complain about this dealer or that dealer who ripped them off. If they'd just do the minimum research required and post prior to buying instead of thinking they've discovered some underpriced one-of-a-kind find of the century, one that everyone else seemed to miss somehow, and because of this have to buy it before it's snatched up then maybe they wouldn't get burned so much. I mean if I can get the basics down, anyone can, lol.

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Cody...the same goes for a shopping experience..if you dont like the prices or the quality of items in the store..dont shop there. No one is getting their arm twisted to buying anything. The lack of purchases and word of mouth usually reflects the integrity and reputation of the store owner. Ned nailed it head on!!
    Completely agree Larry, as you can see in my prior post, but just because I like someone doesn't mean I'm not going to bring a fake to the attention of the collecting community. As for Bills reputation, he's doing just fine IMO, and any serious collector should know by now he is one of the honest ones.

?

I never said we we were bashing ....Let's "NOT BASH" When one says bad remarks about SOMETHING or ANYTHING it is a signal thet some..Perhaps, may take as gospel.. As pointed out by Moderator Stevenson "Too err is human.. To forgive is divine"

Quote by Gwar View Post
    I never said we we were bashing ....Let's "NOT BASH" When one says bad remarks about SOMETHING or ANYTHING it is a signal thet some..Perhaps, may take as gospel.. As pointed out by Moderator Stevenson "Too err is human.. To forgive is divine"
    Ah, I see now, but you really didn't specify that at first. I had also already made that point in post #5, so I figured you were saying "as a forum lets not bash a site" such as.... has done or is hinting at etc. Anyways, apologizes for that, just a misunderstanding on my part. I, however, still don't quite understand what you meant in post #22.
    Now, as for the original topic, does anyone here feel the tab in question could have any kind of connection to the SS?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast