Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold Yours is a luxury version, as it has polished edges, which was an add on, as it were. Someone can scan pages from the Assmann catalog to show these variations. Ah, I as

Default Re: Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Yours is a luxury version, as it has polished edges, which was an add on, as it were.

Someone can scan pages from the Assmann catalog to show these variations.
    Ah, I assumed the reflective surface of the bones was where the frosted finish had worn off! That's very interesting to know, thanks. Am I right then, that this is a 'private purchase' piece? I appreciate your knowledge.

I'd be very interested to see the catalogue if someone could post any.

Mat

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?
    P
    Many

Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Many insignia from Assmann, for instance, came in an extra model, with polished edges and high surfaces, to include the Hakenkreuz. It came in a normal version, and, as near as I can tell, also in a cheapo version in some cases.
    This phenomenon is no different than the add on's and extras as found in German cars in Germany, where everything is extra and you pay for it through the nose.
    I cannot easily scan these pages, which are totally under appreciated and under interpreted, but they strike me as quite central.

I am not sure whether my knowledge is to be appreciated or not, but the evidence is overwhelming and the reprints of the Assmann catalog are legion, as, are, too the specifications of the RZM, though the cap badge piece is under represented in the latter.'

Where the neusilber wears off, the base metal shows, which is usually buntmetall or the like.Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?

The illustrations were accompanied by an article description with the Werkstoff as well as those instances with a variety of models of insignia, not in all cases, but in some.

I first got this reprint only forty years ago and grew up with same.

There were engraving and regalia firms in most major towns with need of uniforms and such regalia who could make such badges on a handicraft basis, and such still even exist in Vienna, though I have never asked them about this kind of thing. I do not know if they still exist in Berlin or Munich, though Deschler was still going until recently, or has been bought up by another firm.

In any case, the badge with the finish is a nice piece.

One of the Assmann family was a senior SA man and created the SA Zeugmeisterei and later RZM retail system in Berlin, and was a celebrity of the time. I have mentioned him in other posts. It was obviously an early Nazi family which they profited greatly from their links to the NSDAP and the regime.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-13-2011 at 05:24 AM.

This is very interesting, definitely new to me, I feel even more pleased with my purchase now! I got it for £60, I think that was a good price.

While on the subject, did the second pattern SS skulls ever have 'luxury' versions? I remember reading somewhere of private purchase sets of eagles and skulls of a more expensive metal, though it was a long time ago and I don't know how credible the source was. I'm only aware of quality differences relating to date of manufacture. I can't tell if those examples collectors will pay more for were more valuable at the time (though surely much less so comparatively, in any case) or not.

Mat

The differences in quality and the Werkstoff of such objects are manifest in the pieces I own. I cannot generalize further about a subject in which I am not especially interested. Mr. Hritz is the authority.

Ok, thanks for that which you have assisted with then.

Mat

Quote by ToxicGas View Post
    Ok, thanks for that which you have assisted with then.

Mat
    Do look at contemporary films of SS men for some hint as to this issue and notice the appearance of their cap badges. One of the witless, dumb and foolish debates had here was over the silver content of these badges, which was a stupid episode that pushed me even farther towards loathing for this issue.
    I will let someone else address that issue, as, so often, an innocent attempt to answer this kind of thing turns into a spiral into sewer.

Actually, I already try to see what kind of skulls are being worn in footage- I always thought that was just me, being obsessive. I've only read once about silver being used in these insignia, which I thought to be incorrect. The only relevance I see in that really is perhaps 'private purchase' or costlier examples having more silver / any silver at all compared to others. Maybe it could be interesting to create a thread at some point with photos of examples of each different metal combination. I know little of the variations or how to identify them, for I don't intend to collect certain ones, just good looking examples... just as prongs mean nothing!

Mat

Whatever, your best interests are served by the physical examination of actual examples in collections and not the hall of mirrors that operates here. There is a limit in asking others to proffer all their knowledge, especially when these "scull" threads always go horribly wrong.
    And, I am not a moderator, or anyone in whom any authority has been vested by anyone, ergo the task does not fall to me.
    I am not an expert in this material, but I own many authentic badges, which I cannot even really see in detail.
    I do not touch them because they are fragile and expensive. Too expensive.
    Good luck.

And my dislike of adults and semi adults and para adults writing about prongs with a straight face arises from a belief that humankind should strive to better itself as in Prometheus and things of that sort. However, the threads on prongs remind me why people today are proud to have plexi glass spheres full of bugs mounted on their empty heads while on television, and why "water boarding" is seen by some as the highest glory of government power. When I was a young man, we took pride in going to the moon, which, of course, was actually a movie set in Area 51, where many of the zombies interested in prongs go for their special ritual meetings.

If you are serious about this, strike a friendship with Bob Hritz, and maybe he will show you his collection. That is the sure fire strategy to what you want, because if you seek same through this medium, you will only lose.

Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Maybe I am actually a zombie from Area 51? It is a tragic and totally real fact that my year group absorbed the greatest dose of fall out from atmospheric nuclear testing than any other baby boomer cohort, although I would not want to generalize about my Soviet friends of similar age and proximity to the test shots.

My wife also was down range of the Ukrainian nuclear catastrophe in 1986, but she has very large bones and is very healthy. These are some of the many reasons I married her. She is not a zombie.

Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Would a zombie make such nice images in the wonderful city of Wien?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast