MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold Yours is a luxury version, as it has polished edges, which was an add on, as it were. Someone can scan pages from the Assmann catalog to show these variations. Ah, I as

Default Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?

Again, not SS, but here be where the knowledgeable people reside. They both look nice to me, though I don't know if they match up to originals- especially with the Brunswick. I've also never encountered 4 prongs on a Totenkopf- is this simply incorrect or just variation? I've compared the front of that one with similar examples posted by FB, though they don't quite match: normal variation or is this one bad? Any enlightenment appreciated!

Mat
    Attached Images Attached Images Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?  Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?  Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?  Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?

Hi Mat, the finish on it is rather nice. But the double prongs are odd. I have not seen this before.

Likewise with the Brunswick skull, I usually see these with two prongs.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

First one is Ok but the second not.

Cheers for the response- carlsson, is this double-prong set up common?

Mat

The double prongs were very rarely seen but I've already seen those, can also been found on cap eagles.

Danziger piece is very handsome, high quality badge, see the Assman catalog. Cannot comment on the Braunschweiger, but these are also widely faked. I have seen double prongs on many NS insignia.

Thanks for the info. The Danziger seems to be of the same basic design as this one of mine, though clearly different. It's this that often brings confusion for me- I could easily have assumed one was a fake of the other, or vice versa, as opposed to different versions of the same design. I wonder how many there actually are.

Mat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?  

Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?There are many..... The piece you enclose at the start of this thread is possibly illustrated in the Assmann catalog. In a former time, there existed in every metropole engraving and regalia firms on a mom and pop basis, who took a drawing and made it into a badge or insignia of some kind. Thus, the number of such firms that might have made these badges is at some unknowable number, further poorly appreciated by certain collector savants and "dead head" and "scull" fetishists (not you who posted this...) who are blinded by the balderdash of other self styled experts. I am just back from the Spitelberg in Vienna, where such a a firm still exists which maintains this tradition, and such firms must have existed in all the capitals of the former empire with a court, a uniform trade, and an insignia trade, i.e. Berlin, Munich, Dresden, Stuttgart, Wien and so on.

PS this is Robin Lumsden's picture, not mine. I own several of these, but none of them absent from a foetid woolen piece of head wear....

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?There are many.....
    That image has had me jealous for some time now...

Mat

Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?Brunswick and Danziger Totenkopfs -Genuine?
    Quote by ToxicGas View Post
    That image has had me jealous for some time now...

Mat

No need for jealousy. Let such things be spur to action and deed.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast