MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Coll.Guild

Article about: I think the overal shape of those skulls are different Maybe this last cut is simillar but those skulls have different shape. The teeth on the silver for sure fake skull on the right side ar

Default Re: Coll.Guild

I think the overal shape of those skulls are different
    Maybe this last cut is simillar but those skulls have different shape.
    The teeth on the silver for sure fake skull on the right side are look misty on this more gold one skull are correct.
    The eye holes are different (in this for sure fake skull their are bigger its so common in fake skulls)
    For me there skulls are completly different only this last cut looks simmilar.
    In my opinion im not sure this golden skull its a fake.
    Thanks guys
    P.S If the owner remove skull from a cap (ough,ough ) and we will see back for sure identification will by done.
    Anyway Sid you are a Genius
    Last edited by Stirlitz wiedzial; 12-01-2012 at 10:24 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Coll.Guild
    P
    Many

Bob,

Peter is a great guy - I wil agree. I have made a few purchases from him over the years . . . and . . . well . . . I will say, not all has been what was advertised - at least not for what I would expect. Long before I knew what to look for, I trusted CG, and purchsed pair of Untersturmfuhrer tabs that had been languishing on the site for a long time . . . and they turned out to be [without a doubt] POOR reproductions. Maybe, over the years, I have [since that time] purchased a couple of other items there - I can no longer recall. But if we are going to paint CG with a broad brush of grace . . . I have to ask . . . why then, when they advertise something for sale . . . they can so easily overlook an obvious blemish - one such as what I mention in this thread???

Collector's Guild

OK - Yes . . . EVERYONE makes mistakes . . . but the old adage goes quite well here - once bitten, twice shy. I will probably never look to CG again for anything after this mistake. Yes, many may say I am too critical of PW . . . but when you advertise yourself as a professional . . . one that knows your product . . . I would expect someone such as this, would be capable enough to recognize and disclose an aversion so obvious . . . and, without a doubt, should NEVER fail to mention it in a description on a website where listed for sale.

Of course . . . you will see . . . I now have this tunic advertised for sale in another locale. And I am certain . . . you might ask . . . why don't you just go back to PW and ask for a RETURN?? As you say - "If you politely tell him what is wrong with an item, he will listen and respond if he agrees."

But the answer to my approach is not all that easy - I am long tired of all the false advertisement . . . and no longer have the will to play the "game" that many of us are all to well aware of in this arena. I made the purchase . . . and with much regret, I have come to accept the responsibilty for my mistake. As a reflection of my mistake, the tunic is for sale for far less than what I paid PW for it [WAY MUCH less!]. . . and as a matter of principle, I hope my ad will benefit others in this knowledge, that not all what you are told by [conceived] "professionals" is always left to be assumed as so true - a warning you might say.

This is truly a hobby of regret at times . . . and one should not be so quick to broadbrush anyone out there with a clean bill of health . . .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Coll.Guild   Coll.Guild  

?

Quote by N.C. Wyeth View Post

This is truly a hobby of regret at times . . . and one should not be so quick to broadbrush anyone out there with a clean bill of health . . .
    A sound warning to the novice collector. Most of us go through this, myself included, once we abandon caution and our common sense in an attempt to satisfy our desire to assemble the ideal collection.

Sid I saw almost whole items on Collectors Guide.
    Hm..... I think you could be right

It's just my two cents. I also told Peter Whammond that he could do whatever he want's with this info, Iam not here to bring down he's credibility that's not my purpose on this forum. But I'm 100% positive that tha skull is a fake, I had too many pieces in hand too be wrong on this one.

that's exactly how i understand it carlsson1982.

every dealer has to deal with fakes slipping through. what makes the difference in dealers is how they handle that fact.

it's the responsibility of the collecting community to do exactly as you have done: to discuss the problem and to inform. this is a thing of great value to the community that collectors like you are willing to make the call.

every time a fake is sold, there is another thin coat of "acceptance" applied to that fake. so the key is to stop the movement of them.

good thread.

Your damn good in this area Carlsson. Had me fooled when i studied this piece. I kept milling about testing myself. I couldn't see it... and then you posted the cheek bone picture. Tells everybody how far i have to go when I finally get this area of art down. LOL. Not in a long shot.

With your knowledge in this area you could honestly write a good book. I would buy it.

''The horror.the horror.'' Col.Walter E.Kurtz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2