Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

A couple of totenkopfs probably fakes or?

Article about: Hello! I guess that all of these skulls are fakes but I have to ask anyway. I can´s see any markings on the photo. Does they always have Rzm and "m+number" markings? /Mike

Default Re: A couple of totenkopfs probably fakes or?

the first pattern skulls are not expensive, you can find them easely between 50-100euro's. Well I had a lot of them but sold them all, because I stepped over to the second pattern. You can't find one these days for less than 1000$. I have some skulls that i sell but It won't be cheap at all.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A couple of  totenkopfs probably fakes or?
    P
    Many

In the cold war, the comment was made that work with and thought about atomic weapons made people insane, and I think these cap badges have a similar hypnotic and destructive effect, in fact.

I also wish that more concrete knowledge based in contemporary sources, i.e. documents, would adhere to them, which generally is not the case on these websites, especially the other ones.

I have more than average professional experience with German history in grown up institutions, and, can, if needed, find the train station even in Luedenscheid. But I am reluctant to declaim historical fact as if inscribed on stone tablets because of my innate skepticism associated with rules and dogmas as they pertain to the past and to history.

On the other hand, since I own more than one of these cap badges in situ on caps, I am a beneficiary of this speculative frenzy, which has greatly increased the value of my property. But such is not my goal or even my interest. My goal is to see the missing dimension of these things, that is, the paper evidence of the world
    in which these things were created.

I recently bought a book on cap making of the era, which opens such vistas to this sunken world, and where is the trade manual or whatever on the regalia makers, as well as the correspondence on this stuff. The Saris Spronk book makes ample reference to it all, but it never appears here? Why?

I would be more inclined to give credence to some interested in these things, were they to include the data from such original sources and thus accentuate their authority.

Nicht wahr?
    Attached Images Attached Images A couple of  totenkopfs probably fakes or? 

I found this one who the seller guarantee the originality.. But their no makers markings on it so do I dare to ask you again for your opinion. I post the pictures here.

Btw thank you all very much for your mindful answers! Nice of you to share your expertise to newbees like myself
    /Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A couple of  totenkopfs probably fakes or?   A couple of  totenkopfs probably fakes or?  

A couple of  totenkopfs probably fakes or?  

It does not hurt to ask as much as mis spend on a fake, and this you have here is a wannabe Overhoff, i.e. M 1/24. It is a stinker.

My answers are probably more than are warranted by your interest.

Let me be plain: if you want a real badge, go to the sources that have them: Whammond, Jenkins, Hassler and some others. Steve Wolfe has drawers full of these, but demands unholy, sinful sums for them. If this flemish man here can furnish them for less than the US going price, then buy them. Mr. Wanek also claims to have spares, too, so ask him, in fact. He is not a dealer, I think, but a well equipped US collector. Sometimes v Lukac has authentic pieces, too, in Sweden. Young Anders S has a good eye for real pieces, and Sayle F who posts on other sites also has a large collection, from which he has been known to sell his duplicates.

I am surely excluding some worthy and honest souls, but the above are what come to my mind. Bob Hritz, of course, has a fine collection of these, as do some other signal collectors and notables, but I am not sure if they sell from their collections to seekers....

As I say, I collect black SS caps and uniforms...such as they are in their foetidness.

I am not a militaria dealer, but a scribbler on websites while avoiding my actual job. I would like to buy a few of these badges, too, but cannot bring myself to spend such sums in this day and age.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A couple of  totenkopfs probably fakes or?  

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I am not a militaria dealer, but a scribbler on websites while avoiding my actual job. I would like to buy a few of these badges, too, but cannot bring myself to spend such sums in this day and age.
    I am very tempted to steal your first line and have it as a signature. My wife says it is very apt!

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I am very tempted to steal your first line and have it as a signature. My wife says it is very apt!

Cheers, Ade.
    Dear Ade, what is mine is yours. My regards to you and your dear Ehegattin. as ever, your humble FB

Luedenscheid and its train station.... wo ist der Totenschaedel?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A couple of  totenkopfs probably fakes or?  
    Attached Images Attached Images A couple of  totenkopfs probably fakes or? 

This piece on a noteworthy website is waiting to have its insignia pried off in search of magic numbers. It is an enlisted cap upgraded to an officer's cap of the era 1936 or so.
    Attached Images Attached Images A couple of  totenkopfs probably fakes or?  A couple of  totenkopfs probably fakes or? 

Found these on a militaria sight too. I compared to the SS relics sight and can´t find the markings on them there. So they must be fakes then I guess. Someone who will have 220 euro for fake insigna. That is expensive
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A couple of  totenkopfs probably fakes or?   A couple of  totenkopfs probably fakes or?  

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast