Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

A couple of totenkopfs probably fakes or?

Article about: Hello! I guess that all of these skulls are fakes but I have to ask anyway. I can´s see any markings on the photo. Does they always have Rzm and "m+number" markings? /Mike

Default A couple of totenkopfs probably fakes or?

Hello! I guess that all of these skulls are fakes but I have to ask anyway. I can´s see any markings on the photo. Does they always have Rzm and "m+number" markings?
    /Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A couple of  totenkopfs probably fakes or?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A couple of  totenkopfs probably fakes or?
    P
    Many

Default re: A couple of totenkopfs probably fakes or?

"Totenkopfe aus Herstellersbestand"..

fakes

Default re: A couple of totenkopfs probably fakes or?

thanx carlsson

Default Re: A couple of totenkopfs probably fakes or?

Not very good ones either

I found this one to on the net what do you think about this one?
    It is not so good picture of the backside but the seller tells it´s marked with RZM and M1/25. You can see a bit of the M1/25 markings on the picture.
    /Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A couple of  totenkopfs probably fakes or?  
    Attached Images Attached Images A couple of  totenkopfs probably fakes or? 

Please look at the many threads here with authentic insignia. Such takes some time, but the work will avail you a lot.

SS cap insignia are a cause of much broken hopes, empty wallets, and human strife on websites.

95% of SS cap insignia on said websites are fakes, most of which are horrible.

98% of threads on SS cap insignia cause the totality of human dignity and knowledge to sag and subside and otherwise diminish.

99% of threads on SS cap insignia reflect little knowledge, much larceny, and also a poor sense of humor.

100% of SS cap threads should have compulsory full disclosure of the names of the correspondents so they may take responsibility for their words.

The reading of said threads over the years does more to make me want to sell an above average collection and forget the whole thing.

However, I know that were I to sell my collection, then the collectors of said badges would tear them off the hats and make them into fetish and totem objects. Such objects originally cost all of about -15 rpfg.

Denkt daran.

Herewith authentic cap badges on authentic caps.

The bottom piece I did sell before I later realized that it was in the new Shea/ Beaver book. It looks much better there than it did in real life. Why is that?

Actually, the top piece here is in the Wilkins book, in fact..... I still have it. Or it has me.

Look, the skull you've posted (m1/25), is a crap-object, and It exists with 3 different markings: - 5/8
    - M1/122
    - M1/25
    remember that:

Here some originals: Can you see the difference?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A couple of  totenkopfs probably fakes or?   A couple of  totenkopfs probably fakes or?  

A couple of  totenkopfs probably fakes or?   A couple of  totenkopfs probably fakes or?  

The realities of collecting SS cap insignia are illustrated in these attachments depicting 18th century life.

The social estate at the bottom reflects most seekers of SS cap insignia.

The top social estate those who own same and can tell fake from false.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The realities of collecting SS cap insignia are illustrated in these attachments depicting 18th century life.

The social estate at the bottom reflects most seekers of SS cap insignia.

The top social estate those who own same and can tell fake from false.
    FB couldn't agree more

I wonder if the craftsman at Deschler or Assmann or Overhoff who designed these little buggers in 1933 or 1934 gets residuals today?

Deschler is still in business, so someone should ask them, or maybe the Land of Bayern would get the residuals and the money could be put to some better use?

Deschler today is in Munich-Feldkirchen, which is about 15 kms from the center of Munich.

I go by the place on the way to the airport, but my mind is more on being upgraded to business class and returning the rental car without additional charges.

Or, someone should go to the Ruinenberge out there on the A99 or where ever, where the the road peels off for Salzburg and dig up the stuff there. That is, the piles of rubble. There are similar piles in Berlin, as a matter of fact. They must be full of regalia for the taking.

Happy Totenschaedel.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast