Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Danziger Totenkopf auf schwarze Muetze!

Article about: As in the title. Thanks to Peter, d'Alquen and Bill Shea for photos of what is now in my collection. There is a certain poetry to these early badges that goes against the grain of the Deschl

Default Danziger Totenkopf auf schwarze Muetze!

Danziger Totenkopf auf schwarze Muetze!Danziger Totenkopf auf schwarze Muetze!Danziger Totenkopf auf schwarze Muetze!Danziger Totenkopf auf schwarze Muetze!Danziger Totenkopf auf schwarze Muetze!Danziger Totenkopf auf schwarze Muetze!As in the title. Danziger Totenkopf auf schwarze Muetze!Danziger Totenkopf auf schwarze Muetze!Danziger Totenkopf auf schwarze Muetze!Danziger Totenkopf auf schwarze Muetze!Danziger Totenkopf auf schwarze Muetze!Danziger Totenkopf auf schwarze Muetze!Danziger Totenkopf auf schwarze Muetze!Danziger Totenkopf auf schwarze Muetze! Thanks to Peter, d'Alquen and Bill Shea for photos of what is now in my collection. There is a certain poetry to these early badges that goes against the grain of the Deschler cult of "prongs" and cupal that is all the rage in other climes.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Danziger Totenkopf auf schwarze Muetze!   Danziger Totenkopf auf schwarze Muetze!  

Attached Images Attached Images Danziger Totenkopf auf schwarze Muetze! 
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-25-2012 at 05:35 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Danziger Totenkopf auf schwarze Muetze!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Danziger Totenkopf auf schwarze Muetze!

Hi Friedrich.
    As I wrote previously Danziger Totenkopf( auf schwarze Muetze) (: its a pleasure for my eyes.
    This combination its a true heritage.
    Its out of question.
    Maybe you have some right witch the Deschler cult.
    In some on my early posts I wrote same thoughts about second pattern skulls ,,oh those Deschlers,,
    Cult and prices of the Deschlers and another second pattern SS skulls its almost simmilar to Tulipomania in Nederlands four hundreds years ago (:
    All the best for you
    Peter

Which are the older or scarcer variety? The straight line toothed or the smiling toothed? Did it make a difference in rank-which went to who? From the photo's, it looks like the smiling ones are mostly on silver corded officer's and the straight toothed are on the leather strapped caps. Interesting.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Danziger tpe skull.
    Looks fake but this skull is very old.
    I think much older like Nazi times (:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Danziger Totenkopf auf schwarze Muetze!   Danziger Totenkopf auf schwarze Muetze!  

Wagriff are you scarry now (:
    Peter

Actually, I had never noticed the major differences in the 2 style skulls until FB here posted these particular photos. Interesting, as I said!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Gday Gent's
    Have taken some better images of my 'maybe' OK Danziger.
    I feel these new images show the detail much better than my previous attempt a number of months back.
    I feel it looks good but as my experience with these is limited I am still open minded with regards to authenticity.

Danziger Totenkopf auf schwarze Muetze!Danziger Totenkopf auf schwarze Muetze!Danziger Totenkopf auf schwarze Muetze!

Interested in what you kind gentlemen think of the new images.
    Thanks and best regards
    Dave

I have the Deschler ones, too, of course, but they are somehow not as poetic to me as the 19th century ones.

Hi Dave
    Im not a expert but pls compare inside look of saturae cranii.
    On your skull its looking like someone hands made cut metal not so preciously for what ? for nothing
    I dont like it
    But I could be a wrong in my opinion
    Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Danziger Totenkopf auf schwarze Muetze!  

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Which are the older or scarcer variety? The straight line toothed or the smiling toothed? Did it make a difference in rank-which went to who? From the photo's, it looks like the smiling ones are mostly on silver corded officer's and the straight toothed are on the leather strapped caps. Interesting.
    I think it is quite random, actually, but I have no idea.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast