Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Danziger Totenschaedel

Article about: as noted.

Default Danziger Totenschaedel

Danziger TotenschaedelDanziger TotenschaedelDanziger TotenschaedelDanziger TotenschaedelDanziger Totenschaedelas noted. Danziger TotenschaedelDanziger TotenschaedelDanziger TotenschaedelDanziger Totenschaedel

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Danziger Totenschaedel
    P
    Many

For your reference needs.....

once more, I pose the question as who and how can one read the face of this badge to see the Steinhauer & Lueck RZM variety....?

I do not pull the badge off of the cap, woe on to me....!

Danziger TotenschaedelSteinhauer & Lueck....this is not my badge, by the way...

Danziger TotenschaedelDanziger TotenschaedelDanziger TotenschaedelDanziger TotenschaedelIm Schaedelland nichts Neues?

Danziger TotenschaedelDanziger TotenschaedelDanziger TotenschaedelDanziger TotenschaedelDanziger TotenschaedelDanziger TotenschaedelTotenschaedel.

Danziger TotenschaedelDanziger TotenschaedelDanziger TotenschaedelTo badge collectors: this cap is yet another example of the mayhem wrought by insignia collectors on real artifacts.

This cap had its badges switched and restored. See image from Whammond on left, with the variation of the Danziger and the evidence of denazification, which is entirely in order with this piece
    which is otherwise scarcely worn and the high preservation of such an item minus the "Emblem" is typical in my experience of finding such things in Germany in the last forty five years.

I will leave the kepi as I found it from the dealer, but it is one of so many caps that has tampered badges.....

Danziger TotenschaedelDanziger TotenschaedelDanziger TotenschaedelDanziger TotenschaedelAnother.... here the original Hoheitszeichen (center enlargement) was likely removed after its sale by a well known collector researcher, its "prongs" broken asunder by some fat fingered collector or by whomever--who then stuck a fake dorky badge on it (left upper), and I restored it with an original badge (lower)......after paying a very hefty price, to be sure.

This cap is in the Saris book and is ex the Mollo and Chapman collections. It was sold by Mollo in 1983.

Those of you who are total purists will find this repugnant, but I am realistic.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 11-02-2014 at 06:27 PM.

Danziger TotenschaedelDanziger TotenschaedelDanziger TotenschaedelHere is another example of where a collector removed the early badge from a very rare and desirable cap for whatever idiot reasons, and it had also to be restored.....
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 11-02-2014 at 06:24 PM.

Danziger TotenschaedelThe cap with the dorky badge....after being victimized by mayhem.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 11-02-2014 at 06:27 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast