Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Danziger type skulls

Article about: Adrian I love too variations in format and shape of Danziger skulls. I think they have more spirit. Your skull looks lovely for me. Maybe is polisched but have still details. Sometimes im wo

Default Danziger type skulls

Hello my friends.
    More Danziger type skulls from my collection.
    Sorry no back sde of the one skull .
    Im a little scary about the pongs witch are fastened.
    The second one skull is a dug (in agony condition)
    Prongs alre little trange for this type of skull
    They looks like pronngs of Assmans late skulls
    Of course sorry about my language
    Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Danziger type skulls   Danziger type skulls  

Danziger type skulls  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Danziger type skulls
    P
    Many

Default Re: Danziger type skulls

Here an example in an original state from a noted dealer.Danziger type skulls

Others of note, some from the world's leading collections....Danziger type skullsDanziger type skullsDanziger type skullsDanziger type skullsDanziger type skullsDanziger type skulls

Some of these are from the marvelous Coleman collection.

The interesting ones are, I think, the Steinhauer und Lueck ones with the RZM mark, if those are real, in fact. I never seen such a one in real life.
    The ones in "agony" have a certain poetry to them.

Too bad one does not have images of the engravers and die makers of the era who created these designs, but I found a place in Vienna in Neubau that still has the native capacity to make metal badges in house from a design of a client---a service of such medallion and regalia firms of the old school. Granted the degree to which their craft has seized the minds and pocketbooks of benighted souls in the present, they deserve more of a place in history, nicht wahr?

Moreover, I did not contract with this firm to make such badges, since in Austria they put you in the slammer pretty quick if a dumb a$$ non native embarks on such foolery. You have to know the territory. I cannot speak Wienerisch, so my accent gives me away as a Piefke.

Here are some more of average merit. Danziger type skullsDanziger type skullsDanziger type skulls

and in situ on real Nazi heads in the early years of the regime.Danziger type skullsDanziger type skullsDanziger type skullsDanziger type skullsDanziger type skullsDanziger type skullsDanziger type skulls

The photo of the one from the Mollo collection forty years ago represented a major push forward in my own interest in this stuff.Danziger type skullsDanziger type skullsDanziger type skullsDanziger type skulls

?

I found a nice section on the history of these within Robin Lumsden's "SS Regalia."

The Stosstruppe AH was drafting on the elite prestige these skulls represented. This was mentioned in another recent thread. Lumsden has a concise summary.

More on symbilism in "The Nationalization of the Masses" recommended by none other than our treasured F-B.

Now this is a FANTASTIC book! The author's contention is the "cult" of German nationalism began in the 19th Century.

Hi Peter, I like both of the skulls you have shown. Indeed the second one is unusual re the prong crimp.

Your English is fine!

I love the variations to be found in the design of these. Here is one of mine, shown on the forum before, but included here again for reference as "FB" has shown some other great examples in situ. It has been polished to death and the silver plating only really exists on the back and the lower front edge under the chin.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Danziger type skulls   Danziger type skulls  

Quote by Tricot View Post
    I found a nice section on the history of these within Robin Lumsden's "SS Regalia."

The Stosstruppe AH was drafting on the elite prestige these skulls represented. This was mentioned in another recent thread. Lumsden has a concise summary.

More on symbilism in "The Nationalization of the Masses" recommended by none other than our treasured F-B.

Now this is a FANTASTIC book! The author's contention is the "cult" of German nationalism began in the 19th Century.
    If you like that one, I can tell you more to read, surely.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast