Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Danzinger Skull ?

Article about: Good morning gents I have what I believe to be one of the unmarked Danzinger skulls from the Berlin hoard . And I have been studying it for a couple of days now as these are not my cup of te

?

Default Danzinger Skull ?

Good morning gents I have what I believe to be one of the unmarked Danzinger skulls from the Berlin hoard .
    And I have been studying it for a couple of days now as these are not my cup of tea as it were I am asking for some other opinions there are some things I do like about it but the lines in the skull to me lack the detail I have seen on others and the hole sockets for the eyes do not look right.
    It does not belong to me but I have borrowed it off of a friend that has a little collectibles antique shop he took it on a trade for some other stuff and when I asked him about it he just shrugged .
    I have been comparing it to known originals but I am still undecided and as there are many variants any other thoughts would be most welcome.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Danzinger Skull ?   Danzinger Skull ?  

Danzinger Skull ?   Danzinger Skull ?  

Danzinger Skull ?   Danzinger Skull ?  

Danzinger Skull ?  
    Last edited by Mark K; 03-17-2013 at 05:51 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Danzinger Skull ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Danzinger Skull ?

Hi Mark
    In my ipinion this type of skulls are fake.
    Still in dust and sand- wow after years when theiir were ,,discovered,,
    True purist collectors (: (I"ven more like me)
    As I always wrote I could be wrong (:
    Last edited by Stirlitz wiedzial; 03-18-2013 at 12:05 AM.

?

Thanks for the reply and yes I have been doing a little reading on the subject and do find that they are controversial amongst collectors. If I remember correctly did you not bury one for four months in your garden as an experiment.

Regards Mark K

Danzinger Skull ?Danzinger Skull ?Danzinger Skull ?Danzinger Skull ?Danzinger Skull ?Danzinger Skull ?Danzinger Skull ?Known originals for comparison.

Many variations of these exist, and for myself, I am not sure of the Berlin Baugrube story, though I know that much of said place dear to me has been dug up in the last twenty years, and many interesting things found in the Maerkischen Sand......

All things being equal, try to find one as I have enclosed. The Steinhauer und Lueck one with the RZM is surely a real, SS one. I do not know if I own one, though I think I do, as I never pry these off.
    They are also generally unmarked.

?

Thank you Friedrich this is the first example I have had in hand and thought it would be a good opportunity to do some study and research as I do find them a curios artifact .
    I do know these to be controversial I am finding it difficult to match this particular piece with known originals but I do have the use of it for a week or so so I will continue to see if I can match the detail with an original.
    So far though I am unconvinced.

Regards Mark K

Danzinger Skull ?Danzinger Skull ?Danzinger Skull ?Danzinger Skull ?Thanks. What I can say, though, is the original is very light in weight.
    So long as the thing is not very costly, it is worth having.
    Whammond on the Collector's Guild also in Canada often has these items, but they are costly.

?

Thank you again Friedrich I looked towards the Guild for an example last night and there is not one there as to your query on the weight it is very light.
    As to the price if I so desire to own it is very reasonable and would only put me back the cost of a decent dinner and a bottle of wine all though the latter does hinge of course on originality of the said piece a little more time on research on my side is needed before I decide.

Regards Mark K

Good luck and happy looking in all these confusing things.

?

Thank you for the advice Friedrich regardless of the out come I will look at it as a learning experience.

Regards Mark K

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast