Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Danzinger skull original or repo?

Article about: Hey guys, I'm looking at this Danzinger type skull and was wondering if it could possibly be the real deal. I already have an original skull but its so hard to tell on some of these due to s

Default Danzinger skull original or repo?

Hey guys,

I'm looking at this Danzinger type skull and was wondering if it could possibly be the real deal. I already have an original skull but its so hard to tell on some of these due to so many different variants out there . Looks like a possible cast fake and some of the detail looks a tad off but tough to tell (still a novice here). These are the only pics I have. Any ideas?

Danzinger skull original or repo?Danzinger skull original or repo?

Thanks again guys

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Danzinger skull original or repo?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Danzinger skull original or repo?

For me looks orginal.
    But as a wrote previously those Danziger type skulls make me nervus to recognice (:
    Peter

Hi Mike, I think it is OK.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Danzinger skull original or repo?Danzinger skull original or repo?Danzinger skull original or repo?Danzinger skull original or repo?The word is Danziger. Here is an example of same.

Thanks guys. Even after looking at all the archive posts/pics, I still get nervous about these silly skulls. I appreciate the feedback. Thanks for the spelling correction Friedrich . Danzinger...Lagers do wonders for my spelling!

Danzinger skull original or repo?Here is another. In real life there is no mistaking these, surely. However, the pictures are always misleading, I think. However, the examples I have enclosed have most of their finish in an original state. This I enclose is a zinc variety.

Danzinger skull original or repo?Here is a variation, of great quality and found in its original state.

Danzinger skull original or repo?Danzinger skull original or repo?Danzinger skull original or repo?Danzinger skull original or repo?Danzinger skull original or repo?Danzinger skull original or repo?Danzinger skull original or repo?Danzinger skull original or repo?Danzinger skull original or repo?I have no idea how many varieties of these existed either prior to 1918, or thereafter. Many, surely, and they have their own poetry. Robin Lumsden is the man I trust on this topic, but he does not post here any more.

Those are some great examples! I can never look at enough pics of these damn skulls :P. I was concerned about the skull being zinc but it makes sense that the original finish as been worn off over the years. Thanks again for your help .

The buntmetall ones are nicer, with all the finish, but the zinc one on the cap of mine appears to have been there for a long time. Zinc was used in the first world war as an Ersatz metal, and, of course, later on, as well. Buy the Assmann catalog reprint as an orientation to the Werkstoffe and finishes of the badges in question.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast