Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

deschler m1/52 skull is it a fake? PLEASE HELP

Article about: hey fellas! i just received some pics of a skull that another member wants to sell me. i think it's a fake but im sure experts out there would have a better opinion. please help here:

Default Re: deschler m1/52 skull is it a fake? PLEASE HELP

this makes me wonder. do you guys think there were ever some tk's that fooled even the greatest experts and are now in some collections without the owner even realizing that they are fake?

kinda scary if what i said in the above paragraph is true! afterall, cant some rare coins be faked so well that they weren't discovered to be fakes until like 30 years later? why wouldnt MASTER counterfieters dip their slimy hands into the SS t.k. market?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

No such thing as the perfect fake.

There will always be a detail which lets something down.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

hey adrian! just sent you a pm of the member who is trying to sell this to me. thank you!

Thanks Guys.

"mh1965" is now banned. This is again the same crook we have encounted before.

Always PM me with ANY concerns you have with anyone offering you something for sale, especially in a private deal outside the forums sales area.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I agree- it's Doubtful if, as Ade says, there is a perfect fake out there in someone's collection, but conversely, I imagine there Are more than a few Genuine articles that have been rejected for various trifles as fakes but were not. Is disturbing to think of how many Real items have been actually thrown away because of too quick or too cautious assessments. Although, I'm sure that someone like GIZMO appreciates these errors! lol William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi William, you are right on there.

On another forum a number of years ago now, someone posted a badge, several people told him it was fake. He then preceeded to smash it up with a hammer and posted pics of the results, all to prevent it being placed back on the collecting circuit again in the future. The only problem was, it was ORIGINAL and he had taken bad advice from people who really knew nothing...

In one of the collecting books back in the 1980's the author made a rather sweeping and misleading statement regarding RZM markings. As a result a lot of people avoided perfectly good badges.

Cheers, Ade.

?

WHAT?! ARRRGH!

That is the single most painful thing I've heard all year. I'm never going to venture an opinion on anything unless I'm certain ever again thanks for the warning Ade.

Robbie

Hi guys
    I have very similar type skull in my collection
    This is a dug in poor condition.
    Today I will post pics of this skull on my M1/52 Deschler,,fake skull,, thread
    Front and back is slightly different.
    RZM marks and producer code is more detailed.
    Pin connectors are different but partially destroyed
    But I dont want say this skull above is fake
    Thanks Peter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12