MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Did they make SS skulls from Silver?

Article about: by d'alquen "but I do not believe it means "pure."" I apologise, I bow to your superior German knowledge, my dictionary must be wrong. rein; echt; schier; bar {adj}: pure

schnellmann
    ?

Default Did they make SS skulls from Silver?

I saw this Skull supposedly made from Silver. I have real trouble believing the Germans would stamp the Silver content on the front of the Skull. What do you think? Legit? or BS?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Did they make SS skulls from Silver?   Did they make SS skulls from Silver?  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Did they make SS skulls from Silver?

this is not a real ss skull.

In the mid 1960's, I owned two black visor caps with 800 silver markings on the insignia. However, the proof was not marked on the front. I would consider this scull a product of the 4th Reich.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

M 9 was the RZM designation for Fest und Tagungsabzeichen Hersteller, not for the makers of cap insignia.

The UM has an article of 1935 or 1936 on Werkstoffe for cap insignia, which includes silver as well as Neusilber.

I am glad to see Colleague Bob Coleman posting here and hope he is in fighting trim.

schnellmann
    ?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    In the mid 1960's, I owned two black visor caps with 800 silver markings on the insignia. However, the proof was not marked on the front. I would consider this scull a product of the 4th Reich.
    4th Reich - I love it ! What were those fools thinking putting the .940 on the front? NOBODY would do that - besonders - ein Deutsche !

Like you certainly know, metal insignia began with the prefix:
    M1/...
    This one is one of the ugliest repro's that I've evenr seen. It's the typical eastern pattern that wants to look like a Assmann skull, like the one shown here:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Did they make SS skulls from Silver?   Did they make SS skulls from Silver?  

Iam however not telling that a silver skull didn't exists, it's of course very possible as a private purchase. I know that there's a ss eagle marked with 800 on the left wing, see the scan. But there's no further info about it yet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Did they make SS skulls from Silver?  

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    Iam however not telling that a silver skull didn't exists, it's of course very possible as a private purchase. I know that there's a ss eagle marked with 800 on the left wing, see the scan. But there's no further info about it yet.
    This photo of the late 1970s or early 1980s is of an object owned by David Delich, who has commented on same recently on the lord of the flies site. There are also illustrations of same in vol. VI of Mollo's book from the 1970s.

Someone had the total gall to ask Delich to pull the insignia off of the cap.

M9's for tinnies, should be M1

Oh just seen FB's post......DOH!

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    M9's for tinnies, should be M1

Oh just seen FB's post......DOH!
    Don't worry. We are happy to have your input.

I used ponderous RZM German and you used the right phrase.
    Attached Images Attached Images Did they make SS skulls from Silver? 

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast