Article about: hello, can you say me if this eagle is original or fake?? thank

Default eagle ges gesch

hello, can you say me if this eagle is original or fake?? thank

eagle ges gescheagle ges gesch

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement eagle ges gesch
    P
    Many

Fake Eagle for sure...There are plenty of originals here on the Forum to compare with....Those reverse prongs are terrible.
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Fake Eagle for sure...There are plenty of originals here on the Forum to compare with....
    cheers, Glenn
    I would agree with Glenn.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

thank you!! how can i undestand that this is a fake?

eagle ges gescheagle ges gescheagle ges gescheagle ges gescheagle ges gescheagle ges gescheagle ges gescheagle ges gescheagle ges gescheagle ges gescheagle ges gescheagle ges gesch
    Quote by alfabss View Post
    thank you!! how can i undestand that this is a fake?
    By a comparison with the many real items we have enclosed here and by reading the dozens of relevant threads. Such takes some time, but the effort is well worth it and much cheaper than the purchase of fakes and the pain of discovery afterwards.....There are at least twelve authentic badges enclosed here.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-16-2013 at 12:54 AM.

As I said, by comparing it with a known original here on the Forum...The reverse marking is wrong, prongs are incorrect, it is cheaply cast, Eagle's head is wrong...etc. Use the Search Function, friend...Welcome to the Forum, Learning to do your research is important in this hobby!
    cheers, Glenn

Please compare it to real examples on here SS metal cap insignia forum at War relics forum you will find for a start the detailing on the one you posted is quite poor!..

While I do not generally highlight dealers, this man has authentic SS cap insignia, and he takes fine pictures.

GERMANWARBOOTY.COM...Authentic Militaria

He has in his archives section as well as his for sale section a detailed set of images of these things, and for a beginner, this is a useful appliance for the task.

However, the key in this, and all things, is examination in person, for the digital picture is a crutch, and never the pillar of wisdom for the collector.

thank you, I tryed to compare it with the others pictures of te forum, but I could not understand.
    i'm not expert yet XD

The splints on the back are way off, as are the markings. Look at the examples on the war booty website, but it will take you awhile. There are no simple answers here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast