Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Early and rare totenkopf

Article about: Hi guys, would like to share with you this early and rare totenkopf obviously dug out, hope you like it, regards, Juan

Early and rare totenkopf
    Quote by jamoros View Post
    Thanks Friedrich, just to make sure I understand what you are saying correctly, is this totenkof in your opinion SS associated?, regards, Juan
    I own more than a dozen black caps with the Hussaren Totenkopf in various forms, as in the Lumsden Totenschaedel zoo.....

None includes the item you include. My data is limited. Other have more data. This badge was used by a variety of organizations, not simply the SS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early and rare totenkopf
    P
    Many

The Lumsden "scull" zoo includes items that are NOT SS RELATED.....

Thanks Friedrich, appreciate your help on it, the only reference I have is the one I got from another collector who has the same one as I do and I already stated on post number 4 which in his opinion was a stickpin worn by freikorps, thus being early one, other than this I have no other data, reference

Early and rare totenkopfEarly and rare totenkopfEarly and rare totenkopfEarly and rare totenkopfEarly and rare totenkopfEarly and rare totenkopfEarly and rare totenkopfEarly and rare totenkopfEarly and rare totenkopfEarly and rare totenkopfEarly and rare totenkopfEarly and rare totenkopfEarly and rare totenkopfEarly and rare totenkopfEarly and rare totenkopfEarly and rare totenkopfEarly and rare totenkopfI am not an expert on Freikorps badges, which, likely, were recycled badges from the pre 1918 period.
    I have no idea how many variants exist of the Danziger Totenschaedel from its inception through the period 1945.
    We have delved into this endlessly. As I say, I orient myself to what is found on black SS kepis and peaked caps and do not concern myself with
    other things. Lusmden collects and or collected all variants, in their rich variety prior to 1914 and through the III. Reich.
    Other collectors specialize in this item, which I do not.
    The only one that seriously interests me is the Steinhauer und Lueck variant with the RZM mark.
    I may own one of these, but I do not know, because I absolutely refuse to pry my caps apart.
    They cost a fortune, and once they are ruined, they are worth much less money.
    Happy badges.

Quote by jamoros View Post
    Thanks Friedrich, appreciate your help on it, the only reference I have is the one I got from another collector who has the same one as I do and I already stated on post number 4 which in his opinions was a stickpin worn by freikorps, thus being early one, other than this I have no other data, reference
    Then you must examine the item in the company of which ever expertise operates with the many Freikorps.

It is entirely true that certain ex Freikorps persons ended up in the SS, Whether they carried with them their actual badges from say 1920 until 1934 or so, I rather doubt,
    as these things were thick on the ground at the time. They were even not especially uncommon when I started to collect in the early
    1960s.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-02-2016 at 11:24 PM.

Viz:

chivalienschau des Heeresarchivs Potsdam - eine virtuelle Rekonstruktion

zurück
    1 von 21
    weiter

Neues Fenster: Großansicht des Bildes

Gruppenbild hoher Militärs mit Kaiser Wilhelm II

Quelle: BArch
    Weitere Dokumente der Galerie

Demobilmachung der Baltikum-Truppen, BArch RH 18/1934
    Freikorps-Abzeichen, BArch RH 18/1937
    Erlass Friedrich Eberts an Hans von Seeckt, BArch RH 18/1944
    Wiedereinführung der Militärgerichtsbarkeit, BArch RH 18/1946
    Verleihung der Grafenwürde an Helmuth von Moltke, BArch RH 18/1821
    Mobilmachung zum Deutsch-Französischen Krieg 1870, BArch RH 18/1836
    Schreiben Helmuth Graf von Moltkes, BArch RH 18/1823
    Graf von Zeppelin an Graf von Schlieffen, BArch RH 18/1851
    Anordnungen Wilhelms II. vor seiner Nordlandreise 1914, BArch RH 18/1871
    Einnahme Lüttichs, BArch RH 18/1878
    Angriff auf Verdun, BArch RH 18/1904
    Rumänienfeldzug, BArch RH 18/1911
    Einnahme Bukarests, BArch RH 18/1913
    Uneingeschränkter U-Boot-Krieg, BArch RH 18/1915
    12. Isonzo-Schlacht, BArch RH 18/1918
    Militärkonvention zwischen dem Deutschen Reich und Osmanischem Reich, BArch RH 18/1922
    Zusammenarbeit Rat der Volksbeauftragten und OHL, BArch RH 18/1927
    Landung amerikanischer Soldaten in Frankreich, BArch RH 18/1963
    Behandlung deutscher Kriegsgefangener, BArch RH 18/1963
    Kämpfe im Baltikum, BArch RH 18/1933
    Demobilmachung der Baltikum-Truppen, BArch RH 18/1934
    [SIZE=5] Freikorps-Abzeichen, BArch RH 18/1937[/SIZE]
    Erlass Friedrich Eberts an Hans von Seeckt, BArch RH 18/1944
    Wiedereinführung der Militärgerichtsbarkeit, BArch RH 18/1946
    Verleihung der Grafenwürde an Helmuth von Moltke, BArch RH 18/1821
    Mobilmachung zum Deutsch-Französischen Krieg 1870, BArch RH 18/1836
    Schreiben Helmuth Graf von Moltkes, BArch RH 18/1823
    Graf von Zeppelin an Graf von Schlieffen, BArch RH 18/1851
    Anordnungen Wilhelms II. vor seiner Nordlandreise 1914, BArch RH 18/1871
    Einnahme Lüttichs, BArch RH 18/1878
    Angriff auf Verdun, BArch RH 18/1904
    Rumänienfeldzug, BArch RH 18/1911

<
    >
    Hintergrundinformationen

Das Bundesarchiv-Militärarchiv verwahrt im Bestand RH 18 Chef der Heeresarchive die Dauerausstellung des Heeresarchivs Potsdam. Diese wurde am 16. April 1937 im Dienstgebäude auf dem Brauhausberg in Potsdam (Hans-von-Seeckt-Str. 8) eröffnet. Die Ausstellung zeigt Dokumente zur deutschen Militärgeschichte.

Kriegstagebücher, Befehle, Militärkonventionen, Schriftwechsel bekannter Generale sowie zeitgeschichtliches Sammlungsmaterial bis nach dem Ende des 1. Weltkrieges wurden von den Mitarbeitern des Heeresarchivs Potsdam in die Archivalienschau aufgenommen. Die Dokumente sind in Vitrinen thematisch abgelegt worden. Auf der Rückseite der Dokumente ist das zuständige Sachgebiet des Heeresarchivs Potsdam, der Bestand und die laufende Nummer angegeben.

Wie gelangte die Ausstellung in das Bundesarchiv-Militärarchiv? Mit der zunehmenden Bedrohung der Archivalien durch den Luftkrieg über Berlin und Potsdam sind die Dokumente im Gegensatz zum Großteil der Bestände des Heeresarchivs Potsdam aus den Vitrinen entnommen und ausgelagert worden.

Diese gelangten nach dem Krieg in die Dokumentenzentrale des Militärgeschichtlichen Forschungsamtes des Bundesministeriums der Verteidigung, ohne von den Alliierten als Beutegut beschlagnahmt worden zu sein. Die Dokumentenzentrale und später das Bundesarchiv-Militärarchiv ergänzten diese Sammlung um Archivalien, die ursprünglich nicht in der Ausstellung des Heeresarchivs Potsdam zu sehen waren. Nach der Gründung des Bundesarchiv-Militärarchivs gab das Militärgeschichtliche Forschungsamt die Sammlung an das neue Archiv ab.

Die Archivare des Bundesarchiv-Militärarchivs bildeten aus der Dauerausstellung die Militärgeschichtliche Sammlung MSg 101 Ausstellungen. Der Zusammenhang zum Heeresarchiv Potsdam wurde dabei nicht berücksichtigt.

Zur Zeit wird zum Bestand RH 18 Chef der Heeresarchive ein Online-Findbuch erstellt. In diesem Findbuch wird die Dauerausstellung des Heeresarchivs Potsdam, nach Vitrinen bzw. thematisch geordnet, virtuell rekonstruiert sein. Vorab zeigt das Bundesarchiv-Militärarchiv in dieser Galerie eine Auswahl von Dokumenten der Ausstellung des Heeresarchivs Potsdam.

Sven Schulz
    Rechte Inhaltsspalte
    Weitere Informationen:

Findbuch zum Bestand RH 18 "Chef der Heeresarchive"
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-02-2016 at 08:58 PM.

The Bundesarchiv-Militaerarchiv in Freiburg/B has a source from the army archives in Potsdam from the year 1 9 3 7 on the various insignia of the Freikorps.
    This source would be the best, in my limited view of things.

There are other "scull" experts in the digital realm, but they seldom have any sold primary source to back up their windy and gauzy generalizations.

My windy generalizations arise from my collection of caps, which is hardly a source with solid provenance from the year 1937.

Early and rare totenkopfEarly and rare totenkopfEarly and rare totenkopfThe source I note in red is from the former Prussian and German Army Archives in Potsdam, whose exhibit was evacuated prior to the British aerial bombardment of Potsdam in April, 1945.
    This exhibit survived in another locale, and the material includes Freikorps insignia from the period in question.

CBH
    ?

I would agree with the Freikorps stick pin idea , probably one of the most common Freikorps items seen .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast