Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Early SS skull

Article about: G'day gents, we had a military fair here in Western Australia today and I picked up this skull. I can't see anything wrong with it, It has nice detail, is very crisp and has no obvious signs

Default Early SS skull

G'day gents,
    we had a military fair here in Western Australia today and I picked up this skull. I can't see anything wrong with it, It has nice detail, is very crisp and has no obvious signs of being cast, at least not to my eye. I would appreciate any comments and advice offered as to whether I've done alright here or have done my money! I wasn't in a position to post it here first unfortunately so I had to trust my judgement, hopefully I've done alright!

Thanks in advance,
    Dave.
    Attached Images Attached Images Early SS skull  Early SS skull  Early SS skull  Early SS skull 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early SS skull
    P
    Many

Default Re: Early SS skull

As I said at the show with you mate I think its a nice one. Good crisp detail and certainly not cast. I think you did well with this one

Jason

Hi Dave Yours looks the exact same as mine. Check out this link https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-me...r-fake-308888/
    There seems to be a bit of a debate on these on that thread which I cant help but notice no one else has added anything else to that thread. I thought that the one at the start of that thread was the same as mine, but I now can see differences.
    Where as yours and mine are the same apart from the position of the prongs right down to the fact that the top centre tooth is slightly higher than the rest. All the detail seems to be the same , I cant make out what kind of metal mine one is made of, it might be silver, but don’t know how to prove if it is or not.
    I think mine one is classed as original, though I certainly am no expert.
    Best of luck
    Rod

You did the right thing.

Thanks Sid! Very nice to hear mate.

Thanks Rod, if Sid is happy with it then I am happy too! I only paid $80 for it so I think I did very well.