Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Early style Totenkopf.....ok?

Article about: I just bought this totenkopf in Germany. I could not find any maker's marks on it. Is it legit? Thanks, Pablo.

?

Default Early style Totenkopf.....ok?

I just bought this totenkopf in Germany. I could not find any maker's marks on it. Is it legit? Thanks, Pablo.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early style Totenkopf.....ok?   Early style Totenkopf.....ok?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early style Totenkopf.....ok?
    P
    Many

Default re: Early style Totenkopf.....ok?

Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?As a comparison....

Early style Totenkopf.....ok?In some case do the Danziger Hussaren Totenschaedel have a mark, but seldom. Usually they are without marks. I have never pried these items from their present locale.Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?

Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?I detest "scull" threads.

Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?The object at the head of this file appears to be, I guess, one of these Berlin Baustelle Fundus pieces, i.e. a ton of cap badges found in a Berlin Brandenburg construction site. There was no single style of Danziger badge either prior to 1918, or thereafter. This badge was used by the Totenkopf Hussars, by the Freikorps and the SS, to be sure.

I am not an expert in this material by any means, but do own more than one original of this type still in situ. I also think, truth be told, that these were also well faked in West Germany of the post war decades, but I cannot swear to same. Or maybe original examples were plentiful in my early days.

Who knows?

Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?To be sure, much of what got blasted, burned, wrecked, and buried in the bombs in Berlin or elsewhere is being dug up nowadays with the rebuilding of Berlin and other cities of central Europe.
    Of course, such stories are also an alibi for nonsense and the more cunning faker, it is also true.

I prefer these objects in the posture I have illustrated them, but then, to each his own.....

Pablo for me looks fake.
    But wait pls for other opinions
    Thanks
    Peter

It looks fake to me, the clear lack of detail and 'soft' appearance... some lines should be more angular. You can see just from FB's many pictures. I've never seen an example like this that has been considered original, though if anyone has evidence to the contrary I'll stand corrected.

Mat

I don't like it. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

[QUOTE=ToxicGas;381727]It looks fake to me, the clear lack of detail and 'soft' appearance... some lines should be more angular. You can see just from FB's many pictures. I've never seen an example like this that has been considered original, though if anyone has evidence to the contrary I'll stand corrected.

Toxic,

I found this website with a totenkopf similar to the one I have. What do you think?
    2nd Totenkopf Insignia by ~ToxicGas on deviantART.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early style Totenkopf.....ok?  

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast