Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Early Totenkopf- confirming a fake

Article about: Hi, As some of you may have seen / commented on, a Totenkopf I purchased some time ago appears to be fake, as pointed out by a couple of members. I'm in the process of trying to return it fo

Default Early Totenkopf- confirming a fake

Hi, As some of you may have seen / commented on, a Totenkopf I purchased some time ago appears to be fake, as pointed out by a couple of members. I'm in the process of trying to return it for a refund, so I'd appreciate confirmation of my thoughts. I must inform the seller of my reasons for suspecting it's bad, and I'd just like to make sure I cover all aspects and do so correctly.

A) Am I correct in thinking this flaw on the surface is 'flash', an indication of incorrect manufacturing process?

B) The reverse should show details such as the 'eyebrows' and teeth as indentations, but instead, these details are solid and therefore the back surface is flat. This makes the totenkopf noticeably heavier than my other original examples.

Confirmation of these points / further reasons as to why this piece is incorrect would be greatly appreciated. I would love for this piece to be genuine, but there's no point in just telling myself it is when evidence points to the contrary.

Mat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Totenkopf- confirming a fake   Early Totenkopf- confirming a fake  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Totenkopf- confirming a fake
    P
    Many

Default Re: Early Totenkopf- confirming a fake

Examples of how the reverse should look-

Mat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Totenkopf- confirming a fake   Early Totenkopf- confirming a fake  

I would concur with the evidence presented. This one is bad.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I would concur with the evidence presented. This one is bad.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks for the confirmation. Am I correct then, that this has been cast to produce 'flash', rather than stamped? I think that's the correct terms...

Mat

Hi Mat, you are correct: it should not be cast.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Greatly appreciated.

Mat

?

I must agree with my fellow members this appears to be a bad Totenkopf and your points of debate are correct thank you for posting this piece

The seller has agreed to a refund after informing him of these details, so thanks again! Also, my thanks to Peter and Friedrich for their initial advice- it was brought to my attention just in time to get my money back...

Mat

I have always held Klaus in good regard and this confirms it. Well done.

Cheers, Ade.

Sorry to hear that it's a fake, but I am very glad that you can get a refund. You will get to buy a good one with the money.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast