Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Is it fake?

Article about: I know I know and I rememeber what you wrote. This was a joke. Good Night (:

Whether statistics or textiles, the answer is no. Sorry.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is it fake?
    P
    Many

Rule numero one: the color of field grey in an SS cap is thus.Is it fake?Is it fake?Is it fake?

- - ------- - -

The color may vary, but stone or slate grey is outside the range of the tolerable.......

?

Opinions on this Danziger skull please. I see lack of detail on the top of the cranium and the shape of the head looks a little different but it still looks good to me. Is it too soft in detail ?

Is it fake?Is it fake?
    Last edited by Aldo; 03-30-2018 at 10:52 PM.

If this query is directed at me, I prefer the conventional type. The Mark Brandenburg sandy treasure had this type, to be sure, and photos show this model
    in use by the SS, to be sure. However, I have never seen it on an authentic black cap. So, that's my view. Lumsden liked them, and though he is silent,
    I respect him and his views.

If you must spend a heap on an item, cleave to convention. Telesmanich and Whammond had some nice ones for sale at modest prices.

I generalize based on my sixty SS caps, for what it is worth, and it may be worth nothing.....

By conventional type, I mean this, as found in the Assmann catalog and as made by the Fa. Steinhauer und Lueck.Is it fake?Is it fake?Is it fake?Is it fake?
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-31-2018 at 06:09 PM.

Nor do I make up baby talk names to describe these things. Others do that, but it just obscures the truth.
    The key is to work toward the truth. Collectors discern distinctions unknown to persons who made and used these things
    at the time. I cleave to what the latter did rather than the odd habits of the former. Collector baby talk signifies a
    little push for Deutungshoheit, and that's a word you can look up.

Moreover, rarity and value are assigned via an odd process that is totally intransparent, as part of the "scull savant" larceny.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    If this query is directed at me, I prefer the conventional type. The Mark Brandenburg sandy treasure had this type, to be sure, and photos show this model
    in use by the SS, to be sure. However, I have never seen it on an authentic black cap. So, that's my view. Lumsden liked them, and though he is silent,
    I respect him and his views.

If you must spend a heap on an item, cleave to convention. Telesmanich and Whammond had some nice ones for sale at modest prices.

I generalize based on my sixty SS caps, for what it is worth, and it may be worth nothing.....
    Thank you FB. Yes I have become familiar with the conventional type but I still have difficulty with all the variants. I came upon this at auction for a reasonable opening bid so I thought I'd vet it before I threw money at it. I will hold out for a better prospect. Thanks for taking the time to answer the same old tired questions over and over again .

Quote by Aldo View Post
    Thank you FB. Yes I have become familiar with the conventional type but I still have difficulty with all the variants. I came upon this at auction for a reasonable opening bid so I thought I'd vet it before I threw money at it. I will hold out for a better prospect. Thanks for taking the time to answer the same old tired questions over and over again .
    Others here like these. I don't especially, but that is a result of my own prejudice. I am awfully blinkered.
    May I say that the number of these that pours forth each week belies the number that was or was not found
    in the maerkische Sand at some point.

There are many variants of the Danzig Totenkopf. Elsewhere there receive cute names, but not by me.
    I called them Danziger in contrast to the Hannoverian regiment with the apothecary style badge.

We have been over this.

Good luck with your collecting, and you should not rely on my jaundiced view.

I orient myself to black SS caps.

Poor Quality Fake
    Is it fake?Is it fake?

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast