Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

first pattern tradition totenkopf verification

Article about: Hello all, Natalie here. I'm aware that this is not a form of SS insignia, but I thought that this post would prove to be much more fruitful if I posted it here. Apologies in advance if this

Default first pattern tradition totenkopf verification

Hello all, Natalie here.
    I'm aware that this is not a form of SS insignia, but I thought that this post would prove to be much more fruitful if I posted it here. Apologies in advance if this needs moving.

I'm here in Berlin with Mat (ToxicGas), where we've been frequenting flea-markets and likes on the hunt for honest militaria.
    I came across this totenkopf at the Ostbahnhof flea-market, and though we're pretty sure this is authentic, I'd appreciate confirmation. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thank you!

first pattern tradition totenkopf verificationfirst pattern tradition totenkopf verificationfirst pattern tradition totenkopf verification

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement first pattern tradition totenkopf verification
    P
    Many

Default Re: first pattern tradition totenkopf verification

Greetings to Berlin, which I miss very much. This badge turns up frequently and is seen by some as authentic and by others with a skeptical eye.
    I have included many original examples, which your friend has seen, but perhaps you have not.
    All things being equal, so long as the price of said object is minor, you can well buy it.
    Militaria in Berlin is a dicey issue in my experience, with some labor needed to find real things, especially in flea markets, where there was III. Reich militaria in the early '90s, but I have not seen much recently....

first pattern tradition totenkopf verificationHere is your type of Danziger Totenkopf worn as SS insignia, in fact.

Natalie and Mat run away from this type of Danziger skuls. (:
    Fake in my opinion (:

Any chance this could be one from the "Berlin hoard?"

Luke

I think same chance as this skull could be from..Pirate hoard,,
    Except Jolly Roger.
    Seriously in my opinon for this type of skull someone made a mythology ,,Berlin hoard,,

It is indeed a "Berlin hoard" skull Luke, and in my opinion it matches perfectly with the others that are generally accepted as authentic- but of course, some question whether any of the hoard examples are good, such as Stirlitz's stance. My first totenkopf was of this type, and I felt confidant enough to advise that Natalie buy this. Essentially, as long as it matches up to the conventional Berlin hoard examples, we'll take the risk on these and assume they're genuine. Of course, I don't have mine with me right now to make a physical comparison.

Mat

A one looker Berlin hoard example -the serrated edge to the pins is typical of these-, but as FB and others have alluded, not everyone considers these to be a period manufactured version, though plenty do so if the price is right and you are happy with the uncertainty then no problem. Also enough people like these so you would have little problem in selling it on if ever you need or want to.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Don't fool yourselves with the term " textbook". It rarely applies with such items.
    Dean.

first pattern tradition totenkopf verificationfirst pattern tradition totenkopf verificationfirst pattern tradition totenkopf verificationfirst pattern tradition totenkopf verificationfirst pattern tradition totenkopf verificationfirst pattern tradition totenkopf verificationfirst pattern tradition totenkopf verificationfirst pattern tradition totenkopf verificationfirst pattern tradition totenkopf verificationfirst pattern tradition totenkopf verificationfirst pattern tradition totenkopf verificationTotenschaedel:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast