Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

hello can anybody help me authenticate skull and eagle both M1/52

Article about: hello i got these yesterday and i would like others opinions on if they are real i think they are but im no expert i did some research what catches my eye as odd is the way the tabs are atta

Default hello can anybody help me authenticate skull and eagle both M1/52

hello i got these yesterday and i would like others opinions on if they are real i think they are but im no expert i did some research what catches my eye as odd is the way the tabs are attached to the eagle any help would be greatly appreciated thx
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture hello can anybody help me authenticate skull and eagle both M1/52   hello can anybody help me authenticate skull and eagle both M1/52  

hello can anybody help me authenticate skull and eagle both M1/52   hello can anybody help me authenticate skull and eagle both M1/52  

hello can anybody help me authenticate skull and eagle both M1/52  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement hello can anybody help me authenticate skull and eagle both M1/52
    P
    Many

Default re: hello can anybody help me authenticate skull and eagle both M1/52

the set is a replica

darn! thx a lot for your help

PHILBROWN
    ?

lots of cast marks and almost a ghosting around the edges, tk teeth are really poor, fake sorry

My colleagues are right.
    This cap herewith has an actual "matched set" of badges from the Fa. Deschler/Muenchen.
    It is quite the exception, really.

I was just there, in fact, and saw no remnants of same. I did walk past the VIscardistrasse, though.

I only have these images, and thus cannot oblige the normal "money shot" requests of the rear of the insignia.

Hail headwear
    Attached Images Attached Images hello can anybody help me authenticate skull and eagle both M1/52  hello can anybody help me authenticate skull and eagle both M1/52  hello can anybody help me authenticate skull and eagle both M1/52 

Sadly, with the cost of original insignia exceeding the cost of complete visor hats, a few decades ago, there is no shortage of chicanery in making reproduction sets. The quality, of the fakes, has getten very good, but with study of only authentic examples, the fakes do not hold up, in pattern and in attachment hardware.

Bob Hritz

My first black cap, a Sonderanfertigung from Mueller/Muenchen was a whooping 125 dollars in 1972.

The impossible issue in colleague Hritz's statement for most here is the study of originals. They cannot secure the first object even to begin said inquiry into the nooks and crannies, as well as hooks of same.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture hello can anybody help me authenticate skull and eagle both M1/52  

thank you every one for your input i want to learn how to spot the fakes! i didnt spend much 100.00 usd could of been much worse i was a little suspicious seeing a double decal ss helmet in the case for 1000.00 which i read somewhere 95% are fake i assume the dogtag in my profile is fake too after what i read about them! i love ww2 and collecting so i am not discouraged in the least i have other stuff in my profile gallery if anyone would like to look thank you all for your help

Good luck...the way ahead is a long one, but the goal a worthy place.

Postscriptum: the issue is more rewarding when you collect the cap with the badges, actually.
    Attached Images Attached Images hello can anybody help me authenticate skull and eagle both M1/52 

a zinc variant. By the way, aren't there some other SS collectibles about which we might reflect in the wider world?
    For myself, I am growing weary of posting all these cap badges.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture hello can anybody help me authenticate skull and eagle both M1/52  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast