Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help me, Real or fake?

Article about: I like mine better, but that is simply my own cussedness.

Default Help me, Real or fake?

Help me, Real or fake?Help me, Real or fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help me, Real or fake?
    P
    Many

The word "please" is some how absent here.

Merry Christmas.

Help me, Real or fake?I like mine better, but that is simply my own cussedness.

We have been over this issue five hundred times, if not more.

Help me, Real or fake?This item is or is not one of the many found in the Maerkische/Spree'sche/Havel'sche Sand since Erich Hoenecker left the circus, and is or is not authentic.

Skulls had by East German girls on Warnemunde, 1971, at the height of the cold war. Notice fetching smiles. Also in the sand, somehow, but more pleasing.

I was in West Germany that summer, I did not meet them, but would have liked to. I met them later, of course, once the cold war ended.

My last summer spent in Germany during the height of the 'Cold War' was at Napier barracks (Dortmund) in 1971. I spent two extremely happy years there. It was previously (in WW2) the home of JG 1 - equipped with Focke-Wulf 190's. The wartime picture is of my former barracks.

Help me, Real or fake?

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    My last summer spent in Germany during the height of the 'Cold War' was at Napier barracks (Dortmund) in 1971. I spent two extremely happy years there. It was previously (in WW2) the home of JG 1 - equipped with Focke-Wulf 190's. The wartime picture is of my former barracks.

Help me, Real or fake?

Bravo. Thanks for this and Merry Christmas.

And a Merry Christmas to you and your family Friedrich!

Another picture for you. This is the garages at the former Luftwaffe airbase. The gun is a Bofors 40/70 AA gun, and I am kneeling at the wheel. The other picture is also of JG1 at the base. The buildings behind the fighter plane are the same ones seen in the picture of our gun.

Help me, Real or fake?
    Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    And a Merry Christmas to you and your family Friedrich!

Another picture for you. This is the garages at the former Luftwaffe airbase. The gun is a Bofors 40/70 AA gun, and I am kneeling at the wheel. The other picture is also of JG1 at the base. The buildings behind the fighter plane are the same ones seen in the picture of our gun.

Thank you so much, and the best of the season to you. Here is where I spent a productive and important time in my career in the early 1980s.

Since that time, I have spent much time in various ex Wehrmacht real estate recycled either in the US forces or in the Bundeswehr and or in the Austrian Bundesheer,
    for that matter.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast