Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help Needed - Totenkopf

Article about: Another bunch of items. Picked from an estate sale by a friend. Not sure if I'm comfortable with these. But I'm out of my area of expertise. Thanks and regards, Michael

MAP
    ?

Default Help Needed - Totenkopf

Another bunch of items. Picked from an estate sale by a friend.

Not sure if I'm comfortable with these. But I'm out of my area of expertise.

Thanks and regards,

Michael

Help Needed - Totenkopf

Help Needed - Totenkopf

Help Needed - Totenkopf

Help Needed - Totenkopf
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help Needed - Totenkopf
    P
    Many

Nope...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Nope...
    That's being pretty polite about it William.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

As I expected...thanks guys.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Irritating pile of fake metal.

?

OK, but why are they fake?

I have edited the first set of photos to point out the reasons why I think they are fake.

Top left is the moustache fake , as well as having SS runes on the back

Top right the sutures look clunky and there seems to be a lack of detail above the teeth.

Bottom left I believe is the exact same fake with different pins on the back and a different finish

Bottom right , I don't recall any real ones being posted with numbers stamped on the chin , and the contract number is unknown as being confirmed.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Needed - Totenkopf   Help Needed - Totenkopf  

MAP
    ?

Thank you gentleman. I will break the news to my friend

The number on the chin is trying to pretend to be a silver hallmark for .800 silver content...Whether it actually Is silver is anybody's guess, but I rather doubt it. Without going into long detail, the metal on the other skulls alone is enough to pop red flags all over the place. It is obviously modern made and modern alloy-nothing like the originals...and the prongs? As I said..."Nope"...
    William

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    The number on the chin is trying to pretend to be a silver hallmark for .800 silver content...Whether it actually Is silver is anybody's guess, but I rather doubt it. Without going into long detail, the metal on the other skulls alone is enough to pop red flags all over the place. It is obviously modern made and modern alloy-nothing like the originals...and the prongs? As I said..."Nope"...
    Yeah I agree , they look a little shiney and new, but I am trying to learn to spot other " tells " with regards to the casting marks and embossings because aging these wouldn't be too hard by burying them for a couple of months , or getting creative with some hobby paints.

Check things such as how the prongs are attached to the skull. Check the thickness of the edges on the reverse side for signs of being cast. The markings you already know how to spot. Look for the shapes of the eye and nose holes. Get to recognize what the original metal finishes should look like-unlike the ones here that look almost to be stainless steel. There are many many such things to look for on these skulls, and at the prices they are bringing now, one Must know them all or else risk losing an absurd amount of money.
    William

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast