Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help verifying SS-VT cap skull button?

Article about: What do you all think? It has the right marks, it's 3 piece construction. I'm just concerned it looks so "fresh." Was purchased from a lot at Affiliated Auctions advertised as &quo

Default Help verifying SS-VT cap skull button?

What do you all think? It has the right marks, it's 3 piece construction. I'm just concerned it looks so "fresh." Was purchased from a lot at Affiliated Auctions advertised as "original" but I trust the experts here more. Thanks!

Help verifying SS-VT cap skull button?Help verifying SS-VT cap skull button?Help verifying SS-VT cap skull button?Help verifying SS-VT cap skull button?Help verifying SS-VT cap skull button?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help verifying SS-VT cap skull button?
    P
    Many

Help verifying SS-VT cap skull button?Help verifying SS-VT cap skull button?These are Mr. Kraemer's and they strike me as legit.

The button on mr. Kramers sidecap is a fine original , however the one that started this thread is not .

It is an infamous highend reproduction of correct construction .

Of note are the difference in " pebbling " on the front ( small sharp pebbles on the fake instead of soft bubbles like on the original below ) , and the " broken 9 " in the marking on the reverse .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help verifying SS-VT cap skull button?  
    Last edited by Winkelman; 09-13-2016 at 07:13 AM.

" Broken 9 " on reproduction presented here ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help verifying SS-VT cap skull button?   Help verifying SS-VT cap skull button?  

Thanks. I thought so. I owned one of these side caps with this badge decades ago.

Reverse of ORIGINALS - the " 9 " on the bottom 1194-40 here is flawed also , but in quite a different way .
    These repro " 1194/40 " buttons are notoriously dangerous fakes , but when held in hand , the material used is also of a different quality ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help verifying SS-VT cap skull button?   Help verifying SS-VT cap skull button?  

Last edited by Winkelman; 09-13-2016 at 06:51 AM.

Thank you. Very helpful, indeed. We are grateful for your splendid wisdom and fine archives.

Help verifying SS-VT cap skull button?I am more prone to this type, of which I still have a cap of this type.

This item is ex the Stadnicki collection.

Thanks to Mr. Kraemer, too, whose images we employed for the edification of the greater commonweal!

?

These quite good fakes were produced by a couple of enterprising chaps in Budapest...the same pair responsible for the Deschler "moustache" fake and its attendant eagle...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast