Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

I really think it’s fake, but can’t just throw it...

Article about: Hey guys, I bought this Adler when I was starting my collection, and I have almost forgot it... now I was packing up my stuff and found this one, it’s 99,9 procent fake, but I can’t just let

Default I really think it’s fake, but can’t just throw it...

Hey guys, I bought this Adler when I was starting my collection, and I have almost forgot it... now I was packing up my stuff and found this one, it’s 99,9 procent fake, but I can’t just let it go without posting here...
    1/52 and Rzm, I don’t like the “new” style and the eye looks weird...
    what do you think...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I really think it’s fake, but can’t just throw it...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I really think it’s fake, but can’t just throw it...
    P
    Many

No good I'm afraid ,Regards Paul

I was almost sure about it myself, but just wanted to post it anyway....someone can use it as a bad example...

Fake

As always when I see threads like this and for those first time members or collectors to this hobby...….

Why is it fake ? and is there any supporting links to support why its fake. To those who are well versed I applaud your knowledge

Please not only for the sake of the new viewer / collector ...but for the sake of this thread and forum that is renown to have precise answers other than just a few undetailed words. No disrespect Gents ..but help the thread please

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hello Andreas welcome to the forum!! As Larry has implied these adlers as well as skulls are among the most confusing items to collect for those new to the hobby. Obviously because these pieces in particular are SS and SUPER rare compared to the civil and military counterparts, they are possibly the most highly faked items we see..and often. I for one enjoy studying them. My suggestion is to start with more cheaper cap devices in reality they are produced the same as their SS counterparts and much can be learnt in doing so. My two cents on your piece in particular are it's a more modern reproduction piece 1980's or sooner, it's closer than your average ho hum fake item. Visually it checks some of the boxes size, general shape, prongs and attachment of the prongs, a relatively consistent edge thickness on the reverse etc. But the finite details just aren't there. These were above all else highly detailed die struck alloy based pieces rather fragile and delicate. If you handle real period pieces caps and their related devices one thing that stands out is the quality in construction and very light weight. Also bear in mind these are supposed to be items that are on average 80 years old that went through a war and seen a rather rough life afterwards. A GI would not give these pieces "kid glove" treatment they after all were trinkets, spoills of war and until say the 70's or so had little monetary value. Points of note are color of the metal and artificial aging darkness and lightness. The lack of detail in general not only to the front but especially the reverse. Real items closely exhibit the same amount of detail to each side (being die struck). We have a great reference section dedicated to skulls and eagles here in the cap or SS subforum I think. As always when in doubt post here before you buy. There's lots of knowledge here to be shared. Kindest regards. Sorry for running on. I ll try to post better pics of some luft adlers I have later on. My files are too cluttered.

Brian

I really think it’s fake, but can’t just throw it...I really think it’s fake, but can’t just throw it...

I really think it’s fake, but can’t just throw it...I really think it’s fake, but can’t just throw it...

A good thread to reference a real Deschler eagle compare the head shape amongst other details.
    RZM M1/52 marked cap eagle
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 08-01-2018 at 01:50 PM.

The Deschler & Sohne RZM M1/52 Cap eagle is a rare bird indeed (they seemed to have concentrated more on Totenkopf production) There are a lot of very good reproductions of this eagle in circulation this one unfortunately doesn't even come close when it comes to detail . You can see by the link that Brian has so kindly provided the obvious differences , Regards Paul

Heres a Deschler Cap eagle courtesy of WAF

Last edited by paulscoot; 08-01-2018 at 05:02 PM. Reason: to add photo