Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Jawless skull: opinions please

Article about: Thank you. The "scull" on my new cap is polished, but it is also tarnished. An odd combination. One of you posted a Husarentotenschaedel that has polished highlights. But I have to

Default Jawless skull: opinions please

This has been bugging me for a few weeks now.

Every time I look at the image of FB's above visor (In this thread and others) I wonder about this Totenkopf.
    I purchased it as a $10.00 fake out of the UK a couple of months back but when I compare it to FB's I keep thinking maybe it's OK.I am certainly no judge of Totenkopf's.
    Seller appeared to have no knowledge of it's background and said it was purchased in a bulk lot of general goods.
    I have not seen the reverse of this style anywhere to compare but the location and general thin appearance of the prongs makes be revert back to fake.Not to mention they could have been broken off to hide it's true identity.

Jawless skull: opinions pleaseJawless skull: opinions please

Could someone please help me stop this game of Totenkopf ping pong in my head
    Cheers Gentlemen.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Jawless skull: opinions please
    P
    Many

Default Re: Panzer skull opinions

Jawless skull: opinions pleaseJawless skull: opinions pleasecompare. I cannot generalize on your badge.Jawless skull: opinions please

Thank you very much FB for the comparison.
    It's obverse is almost identical with the skull in the first image.But I really do not know which way to fall.
    The back I feel will tell the true story of it's identity.
    Thank you again Sir for your comparison.
    And all the best to you.

Jawless skull: opinions pleaseJawless skull: opinions pleaseJawless skull: opinions pleaseJawless skull: opinions pleaseJawless skull: opinions pleaseJawless skull: opinions pleaseJawless skull: opinions pleaseJawless skull: opinions pleaseJawless skull: opinions pleaseJawless skull: opinions pleaseJawless skull: opinions pleaseJawless skull: opinions pleaseJawless skull: opinions pleaseJawless skull: opinions please
    Quote by Thanatos View Post
    Thank you very much FB for the comparison.
    It's obverse is almost identical with the skull in the first image.But I really do not know which way to fall.
    The back I feel will tell the true story of it's identity.
    Thank you again Sir for your comparison.
    And all the best to you.
    Dear Sir, thanks. I am sorry not to be of more help. My magic wand is limited by history, geography, and the imponderables of our common interest. These badges of mine are buntmetall, that is, they are a brass alloy with the neusilber finish, and you can see the brass like base metal or the tombak in the very worn item.
    Assmann made these in aluminum, too. They were made in all the Werkstoffe, but my interest is the SS variant you see here in my examples.
    It is a hall of mirrors and I wish I could erase your doubts. We all know that to collect this material is always to do so amid contradictions and doubts.
    That is why character and intellect in proper balance are the key to success.
    However, the intellect part is often missing in many exchanges, which is happily not the case between us.
    my best to you in turn across the chasms of hope and doubt.

"I am sorry not to be of more help"
    You have been a great help FB,your insight's are a beacon of light.
    I thank you again for your time,insight's and kind words.
    Time I feel will answer my questions.
    Kind Regards
    David

Jawless skull: opinions pleaseJawless skull: opinions pleaseJawless skull: opinions pleaseJawless skull: opinions pleaseJawless skull: opinions pleaseJawless skull: opinions pleaseJawless skull: opinions please
    "I am sorry not to be of more help"
    You have been a great help FB,your insight's are a beacon of light.
    I thank you again for your time,insight's and kind words.
    Time I feel will answer my questions.
    Kind Regards
    David
    Dear David, my best to you and much good fortune in your collecting. I am myself in search of "sculls" at this moment to no good end, I can tell you. A frustrating and painful experience. with best regards, FBJawless skull: opinions pleaseJawless skull: opinions pleaseJawless skull: opinions pleaseJawless skull: opinions pleaseJawless skull: opinions pleaseJawless skull: opinions pleaseJawless skull: opinions pleaseJawless skull: opinions pleaseJawless skull: opinions please

I thought I would bring this thread back to the top in the hope that one of the Totenkopf guru's may have seen/have another similar to the one I have posted.
    I am seeking an image of the back of the skull to compare with mine.
    The face is back to Tombak but there is around 90% of the Neusilber on the rear.
    The prong's are a worry though.
    Sorry it's on another thread (apologies to the threads owner) but when I again viewed FB's similar example I could not resist the little voice in my head.
    If more detailed images are required I shall post them in our morning when the light is more acceptable.
    Thanks in advance gent's
    Cheers all

I thought I would bring this thread back to the top in the hope that one of the Totenkopf guru's may have seen/have another similar to the one I have posted.
    I am seeking an image of the back of the skull to compare with mine.
    The face is back to Tombak but there is around 90% of the Neusilber on the rear.
    The prong's are a worry though.
    Sorry it's on another thread (apologies to the threads owner) but when I again viewed FB's similar example I could not resist the little voice in my head.
    If more detailed images are required I shall post them in our morning when the light is more acceptable.
    Thanks in advance gent's
    Cheers all
    I think this is the same type- though the reverse of it shows no indentation for the 'eyebrows' or the mouth. I believe mine's original, but unfortunately I'm not 100% certain. Detail-wise, the front of mine looks correct as far as I can tell...

Mat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Jawless skull: opinions please   Jawless skull: opinions please  

Jawless skull: opinions pleaseJawless skull: opinions pleaseJawless skull: opinions pleaseJawless skull: opinions pleaseJawless skull: opinions pleaseHere is my new addition with its siblings. The Totenschaedel has its highlights polished. It is very nice cap. Peter Jenkins found it at some point, for which we thank him, and also the very nice staff of RJ Sales in the UK, as well as my close colleague Ben VK who alerted me to said item. Vielen Dank!

Hi guys
    Thanatos I think your skull is not orginal
    It is a copy
    Toxic Gas your skull is also not orginal.
    Sorry guys
    Friedrich my Greek type tragedy its over (:
    Anyway thanks for you advice (:
    Peter
    Back of yours type skulls (orginal)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Jawless skull: opinions please  

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast