Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Late War SS Totenkopf by Assmann

Article about: I finally bought a second pattern SS Totenkopf. I realize it's a late war, last pattern unmarked Assmann but I'm very happy to have gotten it. It is a beauty with most of it's finish and all

Quote by Mr Military Guy View Post
    This one is different, and looks to be an earlier or mid war, or even pre-war.
    Not likely, these are late war due to the fact that they are stamped out in one piece to save time and labor.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Late War SS Totenkopf by Assmann
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Mr Military Guy View Post
    Sorry if I sent mixed signals, not my intentions.
    No problem, you are entitled to your opinion on anything posted. I was just pointing out what I thought was a contradiction on your previous post. Thanks for the clarification.

That is a great looking display.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Love the items!

CBH
    ?

I've been considering getting one of these myself, as I have a late war eagle.
    All the good examples seem to show the striation lines angled across the surface, must be related to manufacture.
    These are undervalued in my opinion, a rare bargain in the world of 1200$+ TK's, great find.

?

I agree Chris, they generally sell in the $300 range and in poor condition. Ruptured duck sold one in poor condition with no prongs for $350. It's only a matter of time before these become more desirable and start shooting up in prices. If you read some of the old threads regarding these skulls, there was very little interest by collectors. I was kicking myself because I passed one up a few months ago at a good price. Now I got lucky and got a nice example for under the normal price range. I figured it was a stepping stone in the world of absurd TK prices. there also seems to be no shortage of demand for the high end ones. As soon as they are listed they sell out almost immediately.

CBH
    ?

I thought you'd like to know Weitze has one of these late-war TK's for sale.
    Their asking 430e and it only has one prong, the photo is a blue dot, but you can see the outside edge.
    The prices are going up, across the board.

?

Thanks Chris but I may be tapped out for a bit. I have two more Danziger skulls on the way and a great HJ cap I couldn't pass up on. I have over extended myself as usual. On a side note, the one below sold for $550 on emdals the other day, indicating the prices are getting out of control on these as well. I got lucky and got mine for way under that price.

Cheers, Al.

Late War SS Totenkopf by AssmannLate War SS Totenkopf by Assmann

CBH
    ?

I just wanted to share the rising prices for these, I didn't think you'd buy it.
    Overpriced I'd say for a damaged late-war TK, but it does show a trend. Higher ever higher.
    Looking forward to seeing your new additions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2