Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Lieb Husaren skull ?

Article about: Admittedly, I am lousy at spotting "real totenkopfs" So, I hope you guys can advise me . I am considering this skull. Lieb Husaren Totenkopf. What are your thoughts? Any advice is

Default Lieb Husaren skull ?

Admittedly, I am lousy at spotting "real totenkopfs" So, I hope you guys can advise me . I am considering this skull. Lieb Husaren Totenkopf. What are your thoughts? Any advice is most welcomed. Thanks...seller says that he originally bought from The Collector's Guild / Peter Whamond .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lieb Husaren skull ?   Lieb Husaren skull ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lieb Husaren skull ?
    P
    Many

Sorry, Here's the back
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lieb Husaren skull ?  

Lieb Husaren skull ?Lieb Husaren skull ?Lieb Husaren skull ?Here is your item in use on an SS cap. It is Leibhusaren, the Danziger variety.

You also enclose two different items, my comments pertain to the top item. It is of pre 1918 vintage in design, of course.
    Who and where it was made are facts lost to time, but surely someone better than I knows.

Your piece has nice patina.

Liebhusaren are something else. I am not sure what badge they wear.

- - ------- - -

Whamond is a fine source, to be sure.

The Danziger is indeed authentic as said above. The second one is a early skull for panzertabs.

Thanks for the help guys - I bought it.

I'm only familiar with Leib-Husaren (BodyGuard-Hussars)...the Lieb-Husaren (Love-Hussars) probably wouldn't use a Totenkopf...
    cheers, Glenn

Thanks Glenn, You are certainly correct - I should've caught that myself. I wonder what badge the Love Hussars might have had?