Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M1/24 Totenkopf for review

Article about: Well, at the risk of getting my head handed to me I ask the experts here what they think about this skull ? I did look at all the great info here and elsewhere . From the pictures I had from

raz
    ?

Default M1/24 Totenkopf for review

Well, at the risk of getting my head handed to me I ask the experts here what they think about this skull ? I did look at all the great info here and elsewhere . From the pictures I had from seller it looked like the ones I had researched but in hand I am not so sure so here I am. My concerns - the reverse edge looks sloppy , the pin attachment area looks sloppy and I did not notice that on known originals . Thank you for your time ,
    Raz M1/24 Totenkopf for reviewM1/24 Totenkopf for review

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M1/24 Totenkopf for review
    P
    Many

The Overhoff badge is widely faked.

Here are real Overhoff badges.M1/24 Totenkopf for review

Here is the Ferinzink variant.

The cupal variant, with the bright finish.M1/24 Totenkopf for review

More data, from long ago, source long forgotten, no living man can say....M1/24 Totenkopf for reviewM1/24 Totenkopf for review

these appear all to be cupal, at least from the obverse...if the obverse and reverse are the same....
    and how do you really know with all this, unless you have it in your salty, sweaty mitts?

As one of you reminded us all, I do not "collect loose insignia," thought I own more in situ insignia than the average.....

My sense is that there is a primitive Overhoff fake and a refined one, as well.

I do not deepen myself in these the way our stalwarts do. They can say something.

Be patient, because the tribute to the dead head is certain, and certainly vexing.M1/24 Totenkopf for reviewM1/24 Totenkopf for reviewM1/24 Totenkopf for reviewM1/24 Totenkopf for reviewM1/24 Totenkopf for reviewM1/24 Totenkopf for reviewM1/24 Totenkopf for reviewM1/24 Totenkopf for reviewM1/24 Totenkopf for review

badges in situ, the way I like them.M1/24 Totenkopf for reviewM1/24 Totenkopf for reviewM1/24 Totenkopf for reviewM1/24 Totenkopf for reviewM1/24 Totenkopf for reviewM1/24 Totenkopf for reviewM1/24 Totenkopf for reviewM1/24 Totenkopf for reviewM1/24 Totenkopf for reviewM1/24 Totenkopf for reviewM1/24 Totenkopf for reviewM1/24 Totenkopf for reviewM1/24 Totenkopf for reviewM1/24 Totenkopf for reviewM1/24 Totenkopf for review

"at the risk of getting my head handed to me, I ask the experts here what they think about this skull? "

Apropos this thought, I blundered into this thicket by no design, other than my interest in black SS peaked caps, and the grey ones, too.
    I am not a self-styled "scull savant," but I am a nemesis of bad historical reasoning. The latter adheres to these badges to the degree that
    they are faked, and then much nonsense is written by pseudo-experts with a high level of ambition matched by no historical ability.
    That is, the sources beyond the badges themselves. The knowledge I seek was once known to a circle of people, which can be reconstructed,
    but the circle that purports to do so are not able to fulfill their boasting. This phenomenon of unfulfilled wish has irritated me for the waste of time it has engendered for many innocent persons.

What you want to know, this person could well answer, but they cannot hear you anylonger.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1/24 Totenkopf for review   M1/24 Totenkopf for review  

M1/24 Totenkopf for review   M1/24 Totenkopf for review  

M1/24 Totenkopf for review  
    Attached Images Attached Images M1/24 Totenkopf for review  M1/24 Totenkopf for review 

The "scull savants" never offered a document like this, nor, if they had to make sense of it, could they even remotely do so.
    Why such persons have such a blind and credulous following really baffles me.M1/24 Totenkopf for review
    This document is from high level correspondence at the juncture of party and state about the disposition of these cap badges. Wim found it,
    just as he has shared with us thousands of primary documents of exceptional educational value for the comprehension of advanced and beginner collector. The "scull savants" impose their puerile affect on a gulled public to the harm of everyone but themselves and should be held to account.M1/24 Totenkopf for review

Here is the person whose knowledge we aspire to recreate, but who is lost in the vastness of time and oblivion.....
    Some of us knew she existed, but many are incurious and obtuse to what she might have said in the face of these endless "scull" questions.M1/24 Totenkopf for review

- - ------- - -

This woman is actually "crimping prongs," though to write this phrase makes me quite ill.
    This picture is from the year 1936, and I paid a fortune to be able to secure it in this form.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast