Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M1/52 marked Totenkopf- opinions?

Article about: This skull is fake fake fake. I never saw M1/52 skulls witch prongs like this Assman used prongs like those in marked skulls to (Ges Gesch ) The whole proportion of this skull is bad M1 sign

Default M1/52 marked Totenkopf- opinions?

Once again I come to you people seeking help on confirmation of authenticity of a Totenkopf badge. I've compared it already to two photos I've found of known genuine examples, and as far as I can tell it looks good from the front. The details all seem to match up. However, in the examples I've seen, the prongs were completely different... so I'm not sure. I know there's so many variants, many of which I've probably never seen.

Any help here would be great. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images M1/52 marked Totenkopf- opinions?  M1/52 marked Totenkopf- opinions?  M1/52 marked Totenkopf- opinions? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M1/52 marked Totenkopf- opinions?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M1/52 marked Totenkopf- opinions?

Not a good one prong set up is wrong plus the mouth
    area looks strange.
    Regards
    Mametz

ugly.
    compare with this one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1/52 marked Totenkopf- opinions?   M1/52 marked Totenkopf- opinions?  

?

Bad. Prongs like the one you've shown are only found on certain models, mostly unmarked ones. Here's the back of my unmarked Assman. As you can also see , the thinner prongs are always (for the most part) bent and curved, never as straight as the one you've shown.

Matthew
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1/52 marked Totenkopf- opinions?  

Ok, thanks for the responses! Luckily I held off on purchasing it. It's disappointing because it's from a site where I've previously purchased two decent totenkopfs (as confirmed on here). I'm fairly sure the seller believes it to be original, as he does list repros under said title and states if he's unsure of the authenticity of something... I suppose I'm best informing him that this is no good.

?

Problem is, with a lot of militaria, even good dealers have a hard time spotting fakes, especially older dealers who don't use the internet, and can therefore not readily see many fakes. A local dealer near me has plenty of authentic pieces, but he also has a ton of fakes that he believes are real, simply because he relies on books which show only authentic pieces. It's definitely a difficult hobby...but keep looking. I love my Totenkopf, gotta be one of my favorite pieces. I hope you can find a good one...

Matthew

?

There is no excuse for dealers putting high priced items
    on their sites if they don,t know good from bad.
    Some say well they all do it, these people take money
    and hope it does not come back. We put up with this
    because that,s how things are, it,s not right!
    Regards
    Mametz

?

There is no excuse for the first skull posted. It's a very well known fake that even has a name, the "moustache fake".

?

Another original Deschler for comparison...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1/52 marked Totenkopf- opinions?  

?

Another reverse...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast