Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

My SS visor skull family, feel free to post yours

Article about: Cysior, Thanks for posting the picture and nice to see you commenting here ( I was expecting you skull buddy ) Maybe you can post close up of each of them in this thread

Default Re: My SS visor skull family, feel free to post yours

And a rather controversial one.
    Some say wartime others say after the war.
    Needless to say I wanted one..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My SS visor skull family, feel free to post yours   My SS visor skull family, feel free to post yours  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My SS visor skull family, feel free to post yours
    P
    Many

An alu badge in situ. I do not collect loose insignia, not the least because of the stratospheric cost as well as my signal un interest in the variations. To each his own as concerns taste, but I am always mystified as to the purported importance assigned to the differences by certain collectors based on what is plainly partial information---or conjecture. The Nazi regalia trade had to cheapen its product continuously because of various forces, i.e. price controls, shortages of hard currency, pre-war mobilization, un expert handicrafts because of mobilization (rapid growth without skilled workers), and then the shortages of wartime. Whether all of this truth is embraced here for its real meaning is a dubious proposition. The early SS cap (say prior to 1937 or so) was superior in quality to the later one, and so can one generalize about the badges. Ergo, I would think that earlier badges, i.e. say before 1938/9 would be more interesting and desirable than whatever. But I am generally a skeptic when it comes to these things, especially as concerns the fetish for same on the other site. All the same, thank you for showing us your nice things, which is a nice collection and quite valuable to be sure. I would ask, though, that some of the self anointed experts in this material would furnish primary sources of the era to lend credence to why one "version" of a badge is historically more significant than the other, or is simple a fluke.My SS visor skull family, feel free to post yours
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 09-15-2010 at 08:52 PM.

By primary source, I mean these.....My SS visor skull family, feel free to post yoursMy SS visor skull family, feel free to post yoursMy SS visor skull family, feel free to post yoursMy SS visor skull family, feel free to post yours

And a rather controversial one.
    Some say wartime others say after the war.
    Needless to say I wanted one..
    Nothing controversial about It, some people make It controversial, like many other things as a mather of facts. Here's two that I Had..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My SS visor skull family, feel free to post yours   My SS visor skull family, feel free to post yours  

My SS visor skull family, feel free to post yours   My SS visor skull family, feel free to post yours  

My SS visor skull family, feel free to post yours   My SS visor skull family, feel free to post yours  

Friedrich,

Thank you for your comment.
    It is my believe that the early insignia's are more desirable, simply because they have more detail and are made of more expensive materials such as tombak or aluminum.
    Therefore they are also much more expensive then a commen zinc Deschler for example.

I prefer the earlier ones much more then the later ones.
    And I have to congratulate you on your stunning black officers cap with beautiful aluminum insignia.

Any chance of posting some close ups from the insignia?

Regards,

Emiel

?

Emiel . You have two aluminum Deschler skulls - each one is different, and I'm not talking just about differences in signatures but front is different too.

You have a good eye my friend.
    Indeed there are a couple of differences, and after talking to Brad and Chris, I am totally comfortable with it!
    And some of my skulls posted here are currently for sale on the other forum, one of them is this one.

Here is my contribution

Fronts

Backs

Chris, nice to see you here contributing to this thread. But I can't see what you have posted...

Sorry for the lack of photos (had problems uploading ), please find below my little collection, 1st col D & SM, 2nd Col 52's, 3rd Col M1/52's, 4th Col 499/41, 3 prong skull and last col 1st type skull and panzer skull.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast