Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

New collector - advice on buying first Totenkopf

Article about: Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and also to collecting. I have had an interest in ww2 memorabilia since I was a small child and only recently began actively collecting. I have only a sinc

?

thanks you for posting the pics,

so these are genuine articles and totally authentic ? I'll search for his details and contact him, is there any custom fees into the UK for such items??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New collector - advice on buying first Totenkopf
    P
    Many

Quote by Dank View Post

so these are genuine articles and totally authentic ? I'll search for his details and contact him, is there any custom fees into the UK for such items??
    a.) I believe the Hritz material to be authentic and b.) I live in the US and do not know UK customs. Many here live in the UK and buy from the US.

Maybe Bob Coleman can get you in touch with Bob Hritz, as they are old fighters from decades past.

Quote by Dank View Post

Anything over $50 attracts custom fees/import duty and post office handling fees. Try a google search for a link to how much it cost you.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Welcome to the Forum! Good luck in the quest.

Quote by Dank View Post

"It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Thanks Rossi, I am very keen to start ,y collection, but of course don't want to fall foul of fakes, especially at the prices they are, so genuine, proven authentic pieces would make a good start for me, then i can build form there! I suspect buying from the UK would also be preferred, as customs looks like it could potentially cost quite a lot to import to the UK

Hello, welcome to the forum. I am an experienced UK based collector who has made many purchases from the US, and it usually works out OK. The customs charges are very randomly applied, usually a small package (and very often large ones) will get through with no charge. Many sellers mark the item as a gift, which exempts it from a customs charge, but even if they dont you may well get away with it. However, I have occassionally been stung £30 or £40 so you should bear that in mind that that could happen.

In my experience The WAF forum is a good place to buy.

?

It is a great hobby and so happy to hear you are taking it up. I started at 15 and at 46 it never gets old. We all have a story on WRF on our first piece and how we got turned onto collecting. Take baby steps, enjoy the process, gain knowledge, be patient and utilize these great members. I have only experienced wonderful people on here who have great regard for each other and protect the hobby for future generations. The years combined on here of collecting wisdom is rare and hard to find. Iron sharpens Iron! It is a good place to be. Again...Welcome to the Forum and to the collector community.

Quote by Dank View Post
    Thanks Rossi, I am very keen to start ,y collection, but of course don't want to fall foul of fakes, especially at the prices they are, so genuine, proven authentic pieces would make a good start for me, then i can build form there! I suspect buying from the UK would also be preferred, as customs looks like it could potentially cost quite a lot to import to the UK
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

thanks guys, i feel most welcome!

Here is the Shea material, which is more pricey than from Hritz.

S-550 SS Visor Cap Insignia Set

New collector - advice on buying first TotenkopfNew collector - advice on buying first TotenkopfNew collector - advice on buying first TotenkopfNew collector - advice on buying first TotenkopfNew collector - advice on buying first TotenkopfNew collector - advice on buying first TotenkopfNew collector - advice on buying first TotenkopfNew collector - advice on buying first TotenkopfNew collector - advice on buying first TotenkopfNew collector - advice on buying first TotenkopfNew collector - advice on buying first TotenkopfNew collector - advice on buying first TotenkopfNew collector - advice on buying first TotenkopfNew collector - advice on buying first TotenkopfThe beginner who ventures into this material unprepared should expect an expensive disappointment.

Moreover, the search for knowledge is encumbered by the odd behavior that adheres to these badges. This hysteria and bad manners are legion, but the authorities here do a lot to keep it under control
    on our site to the benefit especially of a hopeful beginner.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast