Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

New Member - could really use the advice on this Totenkopf Skull - RZM 1M/24

Article about: Been collecting for years in the US but now that I am Europe based I thought it would be a good time to join this awesome community. If anyone can help with price/analysis with this badge I

New Member - could really use the advice on this Totenkopf Skull - RZM 1M/24 New Member - could really use the advice on this Totenkopf Skull - RZM 1M/24 New Member - could really use the advice on this Totenkopf Skull - RZM 1M/24

This is indeed an original Schedel'sche Weltchronik printed in 1493 by Koberger and pirate copied three times by Schoensperger 1496/1497/1500. Just like the totenkopf skulls/sculls, IMITATION IS THE HIGHEST FORM OF FLATTERY. The recto numbered side is shown and the smudge on the upper left corner is the area where the two embossed totenkopf may be found. The other two images were taken from the verso side where the 3/rd Panzer division logo is best seen. I realize that these images are inadequate, but Niklas in Sweden shall take much better photos so I can continue my learning curve. Thanks....Doug
    Last edited by stakeside; 09-02-2017 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Don't tell my wife.......

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Member - could really use the advice on this Totenkopf Skull - RZM 1M/24
    P
    Many

Please explain what you are trying to accomplish with these posts.
    The photos are too small to be viewed clearly.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I thank you for your concerns about the poor images of the embossed totenkopf and Niklas should supply better photos once he receives my mailing to him, just don't hold your breath. I want to share, but I am now worried about starting a tsunami of FAKES. My initial post about this let the cat out of the bag. I was naïve, affected by my empathy for the member searching for any clues about his father. I still contend that BOOK THIEVES by Anders Rydell just might have some nuggets of interest. Just learning how to add an attachment has been a chore of love and my wife has been kind to not nag that I am wasting time. I apologize if I have wasted your time. Thanks....Doug.

In case you have not been shown this thread yet.
    Visual Guide to Upload Photos

We try to promote the collecting of original items here, not fakes.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

While I have every reason to believe that this embossed totenkopf is REAL, any discussion of provenance might be taken as a sales pitch, like my father plucked this badge, dagger or pistol from a soldier he had just shot. I most certainly do not want to promote FAKES. I want to share this item on the forum because I can find it on no other forum thread. Ink stamps can be found, but they are so easy to FAKE that they do not attract the intense interest of these visor cap totenkopfs. Eventually, I do plan to post it as a new thread asking ? FAKE or REAL ? opinions, but I need advice on exactly which forum is appropriate. I trust that some member familiar with Waffen SS documents might comment, but the cat is out of the bag now and I worry about copy-cat fakers of something that might be judged REAL by consensus. The 1493 folio is REAL, but the embossed seal ? ? ?

My post of FRITZ was placed in good faith to show that the totenkopf was not worn exclusively on visor caps, and the attempted humor at F-B 's expense was made because learning should be fun, not a waste of time. Please let my wife know that ! ! ! Thanks....Doug.

While teaching economics at Stanford University in the 1960's, Professor Lorie Tarshis would invariably start his first introductory lecture with .......(paraphrased).....

Money is an act of FAITH, be it the piece of paper in your wallet, the coin in your pocket, the bar of gold under your mattress, or the glittering rock on someone's finger.

Likewise, " imitation is the highest form of flattery " points out the forces that are driving the prices of the original visor cap totenkopf up. For this very reason I added, on purpose, two images of the embossed totenkopf which were too small to be of any use to copy-cat FAKERS. Aside from the scalloped shield, the skull itself does not resemble the standard 3/rd Panzer Division Totenkopf logo one encounters on Wikipedia and other sites. If I have promoted any FAKES, I would expect them to copy the internet image first, and I worry about how easy it would be to do so. Consequently, I am trying to protect the integrity of something which might be REAL. I also contacted Adrian Stevenson by private messages that I could furnish him with measurements known only to him to block any efforts made by FAKERS. I trust that this forum has the depth to form an opinion whether it is ? FAKE or REAL ? and F-B has mentioned that WIM is a good source of documents. My EMBOSSED TOTENKOPF might become a new STICKY thread for reference, just as the Icelandic beer EINSTOEK claims to be the STICK by which to measure all other beers ! ! ! Thanks.....Doug.

New Member - could really use the advice on this Totenkopf Skull - RZM 1M/24

I would like to customize my user profile by adding my stakeside to the ? military avatar ?......BUT how does one do so ? ? ? Thanks, Doug.

Quote by stakeside View Post
    I would like to customize my user profile by adding my stakeside to the ? military avatar ?......BUT how does one do so ? ? ? Thanks, Doug.
    Click on the (settings) tab at the top right of the page. Then go to (my settings) on the left of that page.
    Last edited by Chopperman; 09-04-2017 at 05:36 PM.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Click on the (settings) tab at the top right of the page. Then go to (my settings) on the left of that page.
    It is on the left.
    There you will see "Edit Avatar" (select custom avatar), as well as "Edit Profile Picture".
    Although, questions like this would be better posted in the "Questions, How to & Advice" section here.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/techn...ns-how-advice/
    Ralph.

Isn't that what I said. Top right of this page -- (settings)
    then left side of that page.

Anyway, with both of our's help, he should be able to figure it out.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast