Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

New Member - could really use the advice on this Totenkopf Skull - RZM 1M/24

Article about: Been collecting for years in the US but now that I am Europe based I thought it would be a good time to join this awesome community. If anyone can help with price/analysis with this badge I

?

Default New Member - could really use the advice on this Totenkopf Skull - RZM 1M/24

Been collecting for years in the US but now that I am Europe based I thought it would be a good time to join this awesome community.

If anyone can help with price/analysis with this badge I would greatly appreciate it. Will also plan to sell it in the classifieds as well if everything goes well.

Thanks everyone!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Member - could really use the advice on this Totenkopf Skull - RZM 1M/24   New Member - could really use the advice on this Totenkopf Skull - RZM 1M/24  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Member - could really use the advice on this Totenkopf Skull - RZM 1M/24
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    Clear, straight on photos with a little more light would help.
    Also, sorry, we are not a free evaluation service here.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Hi Ralph,

Thank you and my apologies for the pictures. Hopefully these are better... Also, my mistake on asking for the eval. I am more interested in the authenticity, as I am very convinced it is real due to its characteristics and origin but at the same time, I would never list something without being 100 percent sure. If anyone could help with advice on if this indeed original I would really appreciate it.

New Member - could really use the advice on this Totenkopf Skull - RZM 1M/24New Member - could really use the advice on this Totenkopf Skull - RZM 1M/24

I half to say I'm not liking the round attachment plate that is used to adhere the tabs to the reverse. The edge thickness around the perimeter, and lack of detail on the reverse is bad as well. IMO not original. Please compare to this one's points I mention. Happy to stand corrected if wrong however. Best regards.

Brian

New Member - could really use the advice on this Totenkopf Skull - RZM 1M/24New Member - could really use the advice on this Totenkopf Skull - RZM 1M/24

?

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

New Member - could really use the advice on this Totenkopf Skull - RZM 1M/24New Member - could really use the advice on this Totenkopf Skull - RZM 1M/24New Member - could really use the advice on this Totenkopf Skull - RZM 1M/24New Member - could really use the advice on this Totenkopf Skull - RZM 1M/24

The detail on the front is close. But I don't think Overhoff used this attachment method for their prongs. See post #6 of this thread.

Brian

SS Metal Visor Insignia Skull & Eagle Identification List

?

Thanks and I agree the pin attachment is a bit strange but I've seen original ones with the same style. Not sure how many variants there are of the M1/24 but my gut still tells me this one is real. Either way, good advice and thanks for the pictures for comparison.

You are correct this pin attachment was used on original skulls but not Overhoff. Deschler I believe. Again I'm happy to stand corrected. Best regards.

Brian

Overhoff Totenkopf ?

?

Another S.S. Skull headpiece.. This seems to be a daily / weekly discussion and rather quite boring.
    There are numerous threads concerning these pieces and when one seeks information the first step would be to do some self research and come up with some plausible pros / cons .
    Furthermore, if the original poster has been collecting for years, why join now ? And why do you want to sell it?
    I gather as much, as I have been here awhile that we will never hear from you again once it is sold or otherwise.. This is a bandwidth / lost thread with literally nothing to gain for collectors.. IMO of course.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Another S.S. Skull headpiece.. This seems to be a daily / weekly discussion and rather quite boring.
    If you find this subject so boring, please don't feel obligated to contribute.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast