Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Nice Overhoff M1/24

Article about: Just wanted to share this Overhoff with everyone, !!!!

dude
    ?

Default Re: Nice Overhoff M1/24

Hi, I have no doubt as to the authenticity of your fine relic skull. My statement was simply stating a fact that as in so many cases, I believe AUTHENTIC VARIATIONS FROM WWII do exist. With knowledge of a subject, a common " understanding" of manufacturing techniques and variations must be considered in evaluating an item. Nothing like getting things " from the ground" or "from the vet". I appreciate your comment,but don't understand it ? I just "joined" the forum, and being an "old guy" , learning the processes and picturing taking will take some time; but I will be able to participate with photos one day. Made the post to see if any other folks have had a skull as I described, a perfect strike, high detail, appears SILVER, RZM "M1 / 24" . Familiar with fakes like that ? This one came from Vet, along with other items. THANKS.

2. # ADS

Hi dude, no worries. I requested the photos due to the fact that as with all things claimed via the internet, the proof of the pudding is in the details and verbal descriptions are only that, verbal.

If the image hosting thingy is proving problematic, I would be happy to post the images of your skull for you. If you would care to PM me your email address we can share the files via email and i'll get them up on the thread.

Please also understand that while 'vet purchase' is often a great indicator of authenticity it is also not rock solid as has been shown quite often here in the past. Vets buy souvenirs themselves, maybe to replace lost items or things they had/liked/wanted from their service, said vets then pass away and the family then has 'rock solid provenance' to accompany such pieces and are mightily shocked when proven otherwise so whilst not doubting your claims regarding your Overhoff, such claims should be accompanied with visual images if the argument for 'variation' is to be pursued. Above all, we are all here to learn and if your piece can add to the knowledge of the subject then we are all the better for it.

Best

I have certainly learned something from this thread. Thanks

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

The stories tells nothing, only the pictures do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2