Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Odd SS Totenkopf Badge

Article about: Hiya guys, On a recent trip to Poland I perhaps naively picked up what I now know is an SS cap badge of some sort (I am not a proper collector and had no idea there was so many fakes floatin

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Screwback disc assemblies did exist both in the Imperial era and the Third Reich period as fasteners for certain pinback decorations, including - for example - Iron Crosses.

They were, however, not used for SS insignia or any other political badges that I am aware of, and RZM-marked screwback discs are always fake. As you said, they are quite typical for Polish-made fantasy items (and also often seen on fake SS tuxedo badges).
    Ah, thank you! I forgot about the Iron Cross. That should have been obvious.

By the way, this skull is very similar to the one being pierced by an SS dagger in another oft-seen badge. Perhaps they come from the same master craftsman.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Odd SS Totenkopf Badge
    P
    Many

Another fake by the RZM brothers ,..Ray Ray and Zeke Moonshiney
    Attached Images Attached Images Odd SS Totenkopf Badge 
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Looking at the shirt on the guy to the right, it appears he enjoys chewing tobacco....with his mouth open.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Screwback disc assemblies did exist both in the Imperial era and the Third Reich period as fasteners for certain pinback decorations, including - for example - Iron Crosses.

They were, however, not used for SS insignia or any other political badges that I am aware of, and RZM-marked screwback discs are always fake. As you said, they are quite typical for Polish-made fantasy items (and also often seen on fake SS tuxedo badges).
    A fine response from one of our finest persons on this site.

Odd SS Totenkopf BadgeOdd SS Totenkopf BadgeOdd SS Totenkopf BadgeOdd SS Totenkopf BadgeOdd SS Totenkopf BadgeOdd SS Totenkopf BadgePlease note SS cap badges in fact versus "SS cap badges" in theory.

?

Fantasy item...

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Odd SS Totenkopf Badge
    This is my favorite of all your insignia pictures. It is a truly beautiful set.

Quote by Erno View Post
    This is my favorite of all your insignia pictures. It is a truly beautiful set.
    Thank you. The cap itself is actually of more merit than the badges. But I regard them all as a totality and the only way to see and understand these badges is on a cap.

- - ------- - -

In any case, I grow very weary of all the junk that heaves up here, though we are enjoined to help the beginner discard the junk.

Nonetheless, the sight of the junk surely takes a second off my life each time.

?

Thank you. The cap itself is actually of more merit than the badges. But I regard them all as a totality and the only way to see and understand these badges is on a cap.
    I can't say exactly why, but I find the patina on these particular insignia to be exceptionally pleasing.

Nonetheless, the sight of the junk surely takes a second off my life each time.
    I hope for all our sake that this is not true.

Thanks for the above.

Some 14,ooo posts, many of which are to disentangle the detritus of the fakes and so forth, do take their toll.

Happy collecting.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast