MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Opinion on SS 475/39 marked Eagle

Article about: the eye & beak look bad as the feathers on the inside

Dok
    ?

Default re: Opinion on SS 475/39 marked Eagle

The font style is identical to my alluminium eagle. I hope that the questions about the authenticity of such a marking Ferdinand Wagner (475/39) will be finally lifted. The authenticity of the eagle from my collection, I never doubted, since he was found in the ground. I would also like to watch eagles in other collections, but I could not find similar. But I was hoping that they exist. Now I see that the marking is an eagle. I'm glad.
    Blaz wrote "Anyway it is possible that there are two variation existed , earlier and later type". I think this version is a real.
    Thank you!
    Best regards
    Jura

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinion on SS 475/39 marked Eagle
    P
    Many

?

I don't have the knowledge to judge the eagle from the same point of view that some already did, with observations that make sense to me. However, as a digger I would say that unless I found it myself I would doubt it for the following reasons:

1) all the pics of the finds appeared staged. I don't know if that is relevant but it always make me uncomfortable. When i take pic of something i find I usually don't remove it or clean it.
    2) the eagle has cast defects on the reverse (chest) which are not present in any other similar eagle shown here
    3) the smoke stains look sooo fishy to me. You can obtain that easily burning some rubber and expose the eagle. It doesn't look like a naturally aged thing. Moreover, an aluminium eagle in the soil would corrupt here, maybe in Russia the preservation is better due to extreme temperatures, but if it was exposed to a big fire it would have melt as well. The ensemble shot also show different preservation conditions, like the items were found in different soils and put together,so it doesn't porve anything to me.

This is only my point of view, which is not final, of course.

Dok
    ?

Hallo Zeller
    I repeat once again that the recent discoveries were found at shallow depths (10-20 cm). All of them are represented in the photo. I never dealt with the attributes of the SS. He began to study when I received their information that such labeling 475/39, no one was. That was in May 2009 I watched all the forums of the world via the Internet. And just recently found an identical Wehrmacht eagle on the Forum. I found only recently looked like an eagle on the Wehrmacht Forum. He was spotted Coco from Holland to the question of originality in 2007. Just yesterday published photos of "rewi" with writing numbers 475/39 identical as my eagle. Rewi wrote "...the eagle was a personal gift of a ( Austrian ) veterean and I have had this one for 38 years so I have no doubt about this one." Or do you think that someone knew not previously known figures in the writing of 475/39 - make a copy of an eagle and is now trying to present a fake for the real thing .???? This is too clever combination developed. But I'm not the CIA and not the KGB. I am a doctor.
    P.S. It remains to wait for an answer from Germany, who three SS Erkennungsmarken owned by an eagle. It must be a junior officer or an officer.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinion on SS 475/39 marked Eagle  
    Last edited by Dok; 04-03-2010 at 11:02 AM.

?

Hello Dok, I am not trying to convince you it is a fake. For my job and my hobby, I observe details like you observe symptoms. If someone has rush,fever and red dots chances are that he has chickenpox
    Regards

Matt

Dok
    ?

?

I don't see cast defects on that one...
    Regards

Matt

Dok
    ?

But I see the identical strain 475/39 is the same as my eagle, and particularly the slash in the "7" in "475". Until recently, the eagles with the strain 475/39 could not see no one. And when the first sign of it seemed fake.
    Now we see that these variations exist among the various eagles Ferdinand Wagner, already, they are presented in Cupal, Zinc, Aluminum.
    It does not appear on most other variations. Perhaps these signs are rare.
    Now we can not say that there is only one variety alluminium Wagner 475/39 presented Ade. I think a lot is not known, and over time we approach the fin al result.

Best regards
    Yura
    Last edited by Dok; 04-04-2010 at 07:40 AM.

Dok
    ?

Default Re: Opinion on SS 475/39 marked Eagle

Here's another discovery. Identical to the above. Aluminium.Opinion on SS 475/39 marked EagleOpinion on SS 475/39 marked EagleOpinion on SS 475/39 marked EagleOpinion on SS 475/39 marked EagleOpinion on SS 475/39 marked EagleOpinion on SS 475/39 marked EagleOpinion on SS 475/39 marked Eagle
    Last edited by Dok; 11-15-2012 at 11:39 PM.

Default Re: Opinion on SS 475/39 marked Eagle

Well this one is also original.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6