Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

opinions needed on Danziger type skull

Article about: by Panzer1031 Thank you FB. I agree with you that the prices of the usual later TK skull are absurd, but these early danziger types as you know, are alot less expensive. As always, I enjoy y

?

Default opinions needed on Danziger type skull

I know you guys are probably sick of answering skull questions, but I DID try and figure out if it was original on my own.....just still not comfortable.
    These are the only pics I have of it, so Im sorry if they are not that great. Thank you for any help on this.
    Attached Images Attached Images opinions needed on Danziger type skull  opinions needed on Danziger type skull 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement opinions needed on Danziger type skull
    P
    Many

Default Re: opinions needed on Danziger type skull

No problem witch my opinion.
    Im 100%sure this skull is fake.
    For me is a pleasure to help other people if they ask.
    I remember some people on this forum when I ask ,,orginal,,or fake they fell like I robed them from they knowledge.
    Summary IM SURE IS FAKE because I bought same skull for reference fake skulls and the price I paid was 8$.
    Thanks Peter

I like the one I enclose here more, actually.opinions needed on Danziger type skullopinions needed on Danziger type skull

Silly little piece of metal anyway!

Eric

Quote by ez1969 View Post
    Silly little piece of metal anyway!

Eric
    I agree with you, actually. I cannot fathom the degree to which these objects get so much attention and create so much bad feeling. I do not collect them by themselves and find the debate about them, especially elsewhere, to be generally seized of superstition, misinformation, and obscurantism, and I do mean, obscurantism. All this notwithstanding, I do own some real ones and at pains to share some evidence here. But I think more skepticism is generally in order here, in fact. Plainly these "deadheads" and "sculls" have some power that I cannot fathom, or explain to my own satisfaction.
    These things have also chased away a lot of other interesting regalia and otherwise wrecked many of these sites, which have to a large degree become "dead head" and "scull" lord of the flies human sacrifice and otherwise sophomoric and moronic behavior gutters in the world wide web.
    Pfui.

Of course, the foetid woolens are likely also ridiculous at some level, as a matter of fact, but I prefer them myself.
    Real SS buttons with the neusilber finish do I fancy, as well...if I can even see them on the uniforms.opinions needed on Danziger type skullopinions needed on Danziger type skullopinions needed on Danziger type skullopinions needed on Danziger type skullopinions needed on Danziger type skullopinions needed on Danziger type skull

If this man here is not careful, he will bang the Winterhilfswerk thingy into his M 1936 dagger and wreck its value in the year 2011 to say nothing of what he is doing to the cap of hisopinions needed on Danziger type skullopinions needed on Danziger type skullopinions needed on Danziger type skullopinions needed on Danziger type skullopinions needed on Danziger type skullopinions needed on Danziger type skull.

The Moderator here is the man to whom I would turn with an issue like this, or to Robin Lumsden, who has specialized in the pre-1918 styles of such "dead heads" as worn in the alte Armee. The piece at the head of this thread is of a type purportedly found in a construction site in Berlin in the past decade, and which have flooded the market. I have no idea whether this assertion is true. As I say, the one I enclosed on a real cap is the type I prefer, but who am I?

There is or is not a species of this type of Danziger badge with a Steinhauer und Lueck mark and possibly an RZM mark, but I have no idea whether it is real, either. The ones I own I do not yank off of said caps. I do not breath on my caps if I can help it, let alone pull them apart to please some itch as to the reverse of the badge.

I am sorry if this entry is of little help.

?

hahaha Thanks alot guys. Im glad my gut told me to double check this one. Im simply looking for this type of skull to go with a photo display. I am trying to collect SS photos with skull variations, along with the skulls themselves. Im 26 yrs old and cannot afford an SS visor yet, so these silly pieces of metal will do for now. thanks for the response Peter....this skull is on a dealers website that i found while searching. rommel-lebt.com ??

Safety and sanity are the watchwords in this case. If you send me a private note, I will make some suggestions. Authentic badges of this type are extremely expensive and scarcely worth it, in my opinion, but I operate with the memory of them costing between five and fifteen dollars....
    for what little such is worth.

Much good fortune in your collecting.

?

Thank you FB. I agree with you that the prices of the usual later TK skull are absurd, but these early danziger types as you know, are alot less expensive. As always, I enjoy your pictures and posts.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast