Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

opinions please

Article about: Hi Guys I have had this deaths head badge for a while and am wondering if it is real or not. one of the pins is broken off it was like that when I got it also can anybody tell me what the Ea

Default opinions please

Hi Guys I have had this deaths head badge for a while and am wondering if it is real or not. one of the pins is broken off it was like that when I got it
    also can anybody tell me what the Eagle is it is missing pins as well.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement opinions please
    P
    Many

Hi, no, no good as far as the skull goes. Eagle may be ok. It looks like a political eagle, also used on reichsbahn and other hats.

Skull =
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks guys for the opinions but what is it that makes it wrong

The markings, the material, the hardware and the design.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I would suggest comparison to the many examples found on this forum. The following are examples from my collection:

opinions pleaseopinions pleaseopinions pleaseopinions please

There are slight variations between the manufacturers, and, even over time between dies used by the same manufacturer, however, the subtleties are slight and the badges follow a certain theme. Your badge diverges from this on appearance alone, and as others have noted, the materials and method of assembly betray its attempt as an authentic piece. Being more of a uniform collector, I am not really able to differentiate between manufacturers of these badges by looking at them while still attached to a cap but there are some collectors here that can. Studying the images and information found within the multitude of threads on this site centering on these badges will provide all the evidence you will need to make an accurate assessment of your items authenticity.

CMH

thank you all again for the information, I am only new to the site (first forum ever) and I am still finding my way around, I'm quite proud of the fact that I was able to post pictures here without help from the kids. ww2 German stuff is thin on the ground around here and sometimes it's buy now research later, especially if you have never seen a real live one before. It's that collecting bug that will get ya every time!

?

Quote by BTDouglas View Post
    thank you all again for the information, I am only new to the site (first forum ever) and I am still finding my way around, I'm quite proud of the fact that I was able to post pictures here without help from the kids. ww2 German stuff is thin on the ground around here and sometimes it's buy now research later, especially if you have never seen a real live one before. It's that collecting bug that will get ya every time!
    Welcome to the forum and please feel free to download the photos and file them for your reference. There are so many knowledgeable members here and I am certain you will be pleased with the information you find on this site. Try to study these things first as the persons who profit by taking advantage of others are banking on the "buy now and research later" method and it is well worth your time to arm yourself with this information beforehand.

Regards,

C

opinions please