Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

is it original early mint eagle wh (can by used ss cap)

Article about: Hello! Is it original early wh eagle? Sometimes used by members ss Regards, W

Default is it original early mint eagle wh (can by used ss cap)

Hello!
    Is it original early wh eagle? Sometimes used by members ss
    Regards,
    W
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture is it original early mint eagle wh (can by used ss cap)   is it original early mint eagle wh (can by used ss cap)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement is it original early mint eagle wh (can by used ss cap)
    P
    Many

I do believe you have a very nice period original cap badge, very nice detail, a clean stamping, good looking attachment prongs etc. It could of I suppose been worn by an SS man in theory, it s not unheard of, nor would I place any significance of that attribution. Rather I like it for what it is. A nice heer cap badge. Quite unusual characteristics, at first I thought civil organization with the height of the neck in proportion to the body. But I like it. Here are some images of mixed insignia in period use from Wim's 4th edition of the Headgear of Hitler's Germany book. Photo credit Peter Coleman and Andrew Mollo. Also a similar badge with painted swastika although second edition eagle, from a heer cap on the collectors guild.

is it original early mint eagle wh (can by used ss cap)is it original early mint eagle wh (can by used ss cap)is it original early mint eagle wh (can by used ss cap)

Best regards.

Brian

A similar example compared to yours from an earlier thread by Ade. Also there is currently one for sale in our classified section by member all1knew Willam.

Early Heer cap eagle

Thx Brian
    Of course, you are right! I was thinking about these pictures when I wrote about using early wh eagle on members ss
    post #38 (4 picture)
    SS Hats - A study of period photos
    post #7 (3-4 picture)
    New member like to know about thoughts on this totenkopf real??.??????
    Best regards,
    Peter

Excellent eye Peter. You are right they appear to be one and the same. A fantastic image! Best regards.

Brian

This is the army 1st pattern Hoheitszeichen in use on an item found by one of my colleagues and sold to one of my colleagues. A very rare and arcane piece.
    This custom operated especially in the LAH.

But the badge is not an SS badge. It is merely used by the SS, and various other badges, NSDAP, SA, and army were used in this manner.is it original early mint eagle wh (can by used ss cap)

We have various images of the LAH with this kind of insignia in use, a custom which provoked the introduction of the 2d pattern SS Hoheitzeichen in 1935-6.is it original early mint eagle wh (can by used ss cap)is it original early mint eagle wh (can by used ss cap)

You see Dietrich with the many army badges, an affect of his....

The IB image is courtesy d'Alquen.

This eagle reminded me of the Ribbentrop photo having the same kind type cap eagle.

I hated all of them...but him I would love to kick in the face.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    This eagle reminded me of the Ribbentrop photo having the same kind type cap eagle.

yes, indeed. Well done.

This item, by the way, as Wim tells us is the 1st style of SS cap eagle introduced in 1927 and only later worn by other branches..is it original early mint eagle wh (can by used ss cap)is it original early mint eagle wh (can by used ss cap)is it original early mint eagle wh (can by used ss cap)is it original early mint eagle wh (can by used ss cap)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast