Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Overhoff Totenkopf ?

Article about: Hello gentlemen, I have been studying a few of the overhoffs posted here and have noticed some variances on this one I am posting from known originals. Does this one have any chance as authe

?

Default Overhoff Totenkopf ?

Hello gentlemen,

I have been studying a few of the overhoffs posted here and have noticed some variances on this one I am posting from known originals. Does this one have any chance as authentic? My concerns are with the prongs base seem to be unlike others, the detail of chin seem off but I am still learning the ropes on these. Thanks for your help in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Overhoff Totenkopf ?   Overhoff Totenkopf ?  

Overhoff Totenkopf ?   Overhoff Totenkopf ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Overhoff Totenkopf ?
    P
    Many

Hello Anzel,
    Sorry, but this skull is fake, the prongs are wrong. They are deschler's prongs (like RZM M1 52 Picture).
    Take a look in difference!
    Overhoff Totenkopf ?Overhoff Totenkopf ?Overhoff Totenkopf ?Overhoff Totenkopf ?

I agree that the item posted at the head here is a stinker.

?

Very strange combination...

This skull is 100% fake
    Despite the prongs and how they are connected overall shape and alloy of this skull is bad ,thickness of walls is bad (in orginal they are thicker) on the bones we see lack of details,RZM marks and producer code is located to low (closer to the eye holes) as in orginal and many many small details... (:
    Last edited by Stirlitz wiedzial; 12-27-2013 at 08:39 PM.

the right and left bonestructure's are the first things to look at. The Discs attachments also the easiest to make.

Orginal M1/24 back
    Pls compare how walls are thick
    Only M1/24 have such a thick walls
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Overhoff Totenkopf ?  

?

Thank you gentlemen. I appreciate your time checking this stinker out. I do come across interesting authentic items from time to time and this is not one of them. I have slowly, very slowly added authentic SS items to my humble gathering of spirited artifacts.

I did notice the base of the prongs as inconsistent. Still getting my eyes in focus for spotting the real deal.